Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati should...  Netinstall (download tixati over torrents)

by Guest on 2024/03/26 02:17:47 PM    
Okay, this idea might be hated by some, but I think it has a lot of potential. When I download Tixati on a new machine, it can take hours to finish downloading. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, but, here in China, that's something I deal with every time. Here's my proposal:

1) On the download page, there should be a net-install option.
2) This is a small exe, rpm, or deb.
3) This file never needs be updated.
4) This file is simply an ultra-lightweight torrent client, the smaller the better, that connects to this website, gets the hash of the latest version of tixati, and then downloads tixati over torrent.
5. Once the download is done, it starts the tixati installation.
6. After the installation is finished, it boots up tixati with the very first seed being the just downloaded tixati client.

I think this has a lot of potential. I'm not saying to remove the current options to download directly from the servers offered, just an idea to add one more little choice that I don't think would be too hard to implement and could save a lot of people a lot of time. Plus, it reduces the cost of running the server for the maintainers here.
by Guest on 2024/03/29 01:28:00 PM    
Do you have that issue downloading from torrents? If not then it would be a matter of someone providing a torrent for it on release date.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server