Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Cannot move torrents from a drive letter that no longer exists

by tgp1994 on 2014/06/12 12:29:04 AM    
I just want to make sure that this bug has been reported already. At some point I upgraded my computer, which changed the drive letters. All of my torrents moved along with the drive, but Tixati is unable to find them (and consequently, move them) because the drive no longer exists.

Sure, you might think, just delete the torrent and recreate it. Well, I would, except it seems Tixati does not generate .torrent files for magnet links. I just saw the button to save a .torrent file, so that's half the problem fixed :)

Is there any hope of this being fixed (e.g, a "relocate torrent" function) in the upcoming release?
by Bugmagnet on 2014/06/13 09:10:20 AM    
a couple solutions..

first the easy one.  simply assign the old drive letter to the drive with the disk management tool

the other would be a little more involved...

select the torrents from the list on the transfer page, do a right click then:
Local Files/Location/Move and set it to the current drive path. Then do a force check
by tgp1994 on 2014/06/13 11:56:00 PM    
Thanks for the solutions bug,

Yeah, the drive letter one is a good idea on paper... although what's going to happen when you change it back? I get used to my drive letters, so it would be hard having this empty drive letter in the middle :)

The second process you mentioned is the one I was trying right off the bat, which appears bugged to me. What I ended up doing was exporting the .torrent file for the torrent I wanted to relocate, and then reloading the torrent and selecting the new drive as the download location.

I think this process could be improved, though!
by Bugmagnet on 2014/06/15 09:17:14 PM    
I think changing the drive letter is the best, simplest solution.  I use drive "T" for my torrents.  When I moved my library from an old XP box to a new win7 box I built, I simply copied over my tixati configuration files and copied my "T" drive to the new machine, again, making sure these files were on a "T" drive I created on the WIN7 box..

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server