Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Why can't it be automatically shut down based on how many seeds

by i990049 on 2024/03/20 05:42:29 PM    
This can be done with other software, such as utorrent/bitcomet/bigly BT. This is very helpful for uploaders.
by Guest on 2024/03/23 01:27:40 PM    
Hi i990049,

What are you trying to shut down? Tixati program itself or single downloads?

To stop a single download due to enough seeders already being online:

1) Highlight the download(s) you want this rule to apply to (hold shift to do whole blocks, or crtl and click/pick individual ones)
2) Right hand mouse click, choose SEEDING, down to REMOTE SEED LIMIT, choose a number, choices are between 1-50

To undo, select individual downloads or A-Z (everything) and select REMOTE SEED LIMIT 0 - (to turn it off)

What this does:

Selecting "1" means if only ONE person online has more than you, it will stop your seed and turn off to: "Complete - Offline"

Since this feature is partially broken in Tixati, (as Tixati often reports the incorrect % for peers)
I would recommend you choose the setting of 2 or 3 SEEDS you side. This means your Tixati download won't go offline after seeing 1 peer who doesn't share anything

You won't waste your bandwidth when there's maybe heaps of SEEDERS online.

This means your upload efforts are well focused on seeding rarer stuff - which is presumably why you're asking this question?
Keep enabling 100% of your stuff each week and see what turns off due to enough seeders online.

Let us know if this was useful ?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server