Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tray Icon Failure

by Guest on 2024/03/14 02:08:21 PM    
This is an error that shows since I first tested the software years ago, and I have used different distributions of windows 10 and 11.

The error displays the following when closing the program having it open from the tray icon, only after quitting another random program that was previously running in full-screen:

"Tray Icon Failure - The tray icon is not being displayed due to an error. Click OK to completely exit Tixati. Click cancel to continue using this program."

So if you choose OK the program shuts and if you choose to cancel then the program stays open and, at that point, if you click the cross in the corner to close the program, the same error pops up every time and if you click to minimize the program, it stays in the task bar and it won't go back to the system tray.

In summary, the program actually loses the ability to go back to the system tray after having whatever other program in full-screen shut.

I hope it makes some sense.

Thanks for reading.
by Guest on 2024/03/24 04:40:45 PM    
I wanted to put an image of this error. As said I can trace this one since I tried this program and it can easily be reproduced within a few secs just launching and closing a full-screen application. I can do a video on it if you want a full demo. It is worth mentioning that there is a workaround which was posted in another thread some time ago, that involves making a .bat file containing:

@echo off
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
start explorer.exe

And executing it after shutting a full-screen application.

But I really hope this can be fixed within the software and not resorting to this kind of maneuvers.

by Guest on 2024/03/25 10:09:45 PM    
Just to add, I've seen this same error forever.  In my case, I use Remote Desktop to connect to the PC that is running Tixati, so I have always assumed it was related to that.  Since it's been there so long, I just learned to live with it.
by Guest on 2024/03/26 05:36:17 AM    
I just installed the other regularly updated clients of qBitorrent and Transmission to test this behavior and they close properly, I hope devs can fix this.
by Guest on 2024/03/27 10:54:21 AM    
i have the problem with tray icon that it always go hidden, each time i restart the pc i have to drag it back to where the other visible tray icons are.
by Guest on 2024/03/27 04:33:30 PM    
Are you sure you checked the box in: Settings - Behavior - Show icon in system tray?
by Guest on 2024/03/28 06:57:23 PM    
yes of course, otherwise it wouldnt be visible at all
by Guest on 2024/03/29 05:53:18 AM    
It is good to know this error has been acknowledged as today, after it imminent appearance, I was redirected to https://support.tixati.com/tray%20icon%20failure  to be further notified about it.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server