Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

file too large [tixati v3.22 latest]

by Guest on 2024/03/08 08:26:07 AM    
okay, ran into a bit of a snaffu, never had this issue before.
added a screencap of the issue to clarify.
turns out the torrent file is too big, is 16m piece size so that could be why.
others don't seem to have this issue though i'm the only one on the tracker site using tixati, been reliable and cuts through the bs in no short order.
is there any way i can resolve this without altering the torrent file itself as it wouldn't tally up at the tracker if i did this?
appreciate any help on this, open to suggestions.
thanks for all the work you do, makes sharing possible.

(File link removed by Mod and sent to Devs)

regards, amiga1200
by janet on 2024/03/08 05:10:08 PM    
If you could post a link to the torrent file the Devs could look at it.
by TX007 on 2024/03/08 06:24:50 PM    
If you are trying to download an updated torrent, then maybe some files from the old torrent were edited by the uploader, and they are now smaller/larger. In this case, you can try this:  
https://forum.tixati.com/support/7929
by Guest on 2024/03/08 06:55:42 PM    
it's worth asking... but did you possibly also cross-seed this with a libtorrent based client (ie qbit)?

libtorrent based clients will happily append to existing files and ignore length differences, meanwhile Tixati brings it to your attention.
this tends to cause quite a lot of un-noticed issues with the same release on different trackers, due to the fact that usenet re-uploads can often be corrupted this way.
by Guest on 2024/03/09 01:02:06 AM    
i'd like to, but i've discovered no links are allowed here (imgur link removed by staffers) and i don't see anyway to attach the torrent file internally.
it's from a private tracker site so unless you're a member there (pixelcove) i'm not seeing how i could link it.
could easily upload it to a HTTP filelocker but as above, no external links allowed.
appreciate your response.
if there's anyway i can supply the file, please let me know, thanks a lot.

regards, amiga1200
by amiga1200 on 2024/03/09 01:31:35 AM    
all right, registered as a user.
unable to supply an external link to the torrent file itself as it's not allowed.
can upload it to a HTTP filehost but that would  be external.
not seeing anyway to attach the file internally.
if there's anyway i can supply the file without breaching TOS, will do.
appreciate the response and thanks for helping.

regards, amiga1200
by janet on 2024/03/09 07:45:50 AM    
amiga1200:
You can upload the torrent to a file site and put the link here. I will remove it from the forum so only the Devs will look at it.
What you did before to post the picture was correct, but the picture was not allowed because it contains file names.
by amiga1200 on 2024/03/09 07:37:29 PM    
thanks for the clarity.
wrapped the file in question in a 7z container to obfuscate its name.
as for the other responses, it's a 2024 creation, none of which is my doing and i would know where to begin other than to rebuild the torrent from scratch and as my earlier, wouldn't align with the tracker.
again, appreciate the help on this.

(File link removed by Mod and sent to Devs)

regards, amiga1200

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server