Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Nothing downloading - all of a sudden

by Guest on 2024/01/06 12:14:55 PM    
Hi,

Tixati v3.19 on Ubuntu 22.04

I was happily downloading, and then changed some file priorities and the location they should be saved, and a short time after problems started.  I started getting messages "Could not listen to incoming connections".  This forum told me to switch "Settings->Trackers->Multi tracker" to "First group only".  That helped a bit - no more messages - but none of the peers found and connected to actually transfers anything, even though they have bits of the files that I don't.

Maybe I inadvertantly messed up something somewhere.  Is there a "reset to factory settings" somewhere?  Anyone any other idea?

(And why should I limit myself to "first group only"?  At first it worked fine with "All groups".)
by Guest on 2024/01/06 01:00:44 PM    
I deleted and restarted the torrent (not the files).  It warned me "Files already existing", and I chose "Continue".  I would **much** have preferred that button to say "Merge files", to make clear that I would not be losing what I already had downloaded.

Also, at some point I chose to ignore the message about the incoming connections.  Is there a way to undo this ignore?

Also, when deleting a torrent, there is no "Are you sure?" check.  That is a bit scary.  Is there a way to have Tixati ask for confirmation?

The new torrent is running now, and checking the files - which takes a long time, as it is a large torrent.  It has already checked several files - it would be nice it it would already started downloading missing pieces from these - but then maybe it doesn't because the main problem hasn't been solved yet?  I'll know in a few hours, when the checking has finished.
by Guest on 2024/01/06 01:55:15 PM    
And now I get "main UDP socket not ready".  What does that mean?
Another torrent does download, but most pieces remain a long time "Trying to save".  What does that mean?
by notaLamer on 2024/01/07 02:56:09 PM    
I started getting messages "Could not listen to incoming connections".  This forum told me to switch "Settings->Trackers->Multi tracker" to "First group only".
This is unrelated and wrong, please revert to all trackers.

It warned me "Files already existing", and I chose "Continue".  I would **much** have preferred that button to say "Merge files"
Tixati will figure out automatically and pick up the files if they are correct. For a test you can remove a transfer without deleting files and add it again to Tixati by pointing to same location.

"Could not listen to incoming connections" & "main UDP socket not ready"
To me this sounds like something on your system is literally blocking Tixati from setting up a listening socket (a server-like connection to receive requests). Like the antivirus or firewall.
by Guest on 2024/01/08 07:06:28 PM    
Thanks!  I have reverted back, and keep ignoring the messages.
I am not sure *precisely* what I did, but downloading has started again.

About the "Merge files" - yes, I now know that the files are in fact merged.  But some indication of that before clicking the button would have been comforting.

And other torrents kept working, so no AV or firewall problem.
by notaLamer on 2024/01/10 11:49:18 PM    
I forgot you were on Ubuntu. Either you were restarting Tixati and it ended up not receiving a free port as requested (like it tried to take a port that was still busy) or it was something upstream from you (like router or ISP) that had issues relaying connections to you on whatever port.
Ubuntu's ufw firewall wouldn't have fixed itself. I hope it keeps running fine :)
by Biep on 2024/01/11 12:39:14 PM    
Tanks - it must have been the latter, then - I did not restart tixati.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server