Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Auto Save .torrent/magnet links to torrent folder upon creation

by Guest on 2023/12/16 09:52:48 PM    
As the title states I've tried many different shell commands to automate it with no success and am hoping this could be an added feature? I'd even be willing to donate towards its addition! With that said it would also be nice and I'd say required with this addition that tixati forces single files without a folder directory into a tixati managed folder directory. For example if "moving" files to a folder later then moving the torrent file will only move the items attached to the torrent not the folder you moved them to.
by Guest on 2023/12/17 01:41:25 PM    
Auto Save .torrent/magnet links to torrent folder upon creation

Hope you still donate, but you can already do this, look here:

Settings - Transfers - Metainfo
https://support.tixati.com/settings%20-%20transfers%20-%20metainfo

Settings - Transfers - Magnet Links
https://support.tixati.com/settings%20-%20transfers%20-%20magnetlinks
by Guest on 2023/12/17 11:55:42 PM    
I'm referring to the specific download folder the .torrent file references. Ex. I add "a.common.video.torrent" to tixati either by opening the file or adding it to a "watched directory" set forth in your referenced settings-tab, //it then adds a folder to tixati's default/manual set download directory called "a.common.torrent" where it then saves files "a.common.video.mkv" & "a.common.video.nfo".\\ What I'm trying to achieve is have tixati add and register "a.common.video.torrent" as a local file pertaining to our folder "a.common.torrent". Currently you can have no method of saving the .torrent's or as set forth in your referenced settings-tab you can have a local folder for all torrents to be stored at the start/finish of the download and by .txt file for the magnet links. you can't define it based on the original .torrent's pertaining download folder, which leaves you manually moving them from your stored directory to its respective folder or "file completion shell commands". These should logically work nicely aside from not knowing at this point if it would register the file as part of the tixati file tree, though assumedly not, for deletion/re-location handling to work correctly. However all attempts have failed at this point even though the names match perfectly and the commands run fine through powershell/CMD manually consistently.

I've also tried commands such as "xfer@file:copy-item "C:\torrents\links\$name.torrent" -destination "C:\torrents\$name\"(also tried appending "$name.torrent" to the end of this) I've tried other options as well such as xcopy, also tried CMD versions of these powershell commands regardless that it specifies using the local command prompt (powershell, specifically).

//it then adds a folder to tixati's default/manual set download directory called "a.common.torrent" where it then saves files "a.common.video.mkv" & "a.common.video.nfo".\\ == This is the other option mentioned being important for this feature request and also nice regardless as a feature. Forcing single file torrent files that would normally download directly to "tixati's default/manual set download directory" into a folder of its own.

Hopefully this is more clear as to my request and not more confusing lol. Talk Soon.

P.S. I have donated in the past :) and am sure I will again in the future. Truly a powerful program and keeps things organized/tidy just the way I like it with ease!!! Just a bit extra then normal as I'm sure it will require some mucking about lol

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server