Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Where are user editable settings stored in Ubuntu

by shag00 on 2023/08/03 02:35:04 AM    
I am trying to identify the specific files that store the user settings like colour, unit size, custom download limits etc. I found this post, https://support.tixati.com/config_path  which attempts to inform where the config data folder is located, such a shame it is not written at a level that would allow a non technical person to understand it, I mean of the 8 possible locations where is the default when you just download and install the program? Is tixati setting environmental variables or command line flags when it installs? Are the first 7 possibilities even likely to affect 90%+ of users?

Anyway I believe I have found the folder, ~/.config/tixati, though that is of little help as it contains 24 files which are not human readable. As I have not changed any of the editable settings I thought I might isolate the file by using the last modified date as a guide but that was not possible as every file except one named, colors2.dat, had been modified in the last 24 hours.

Is the user definable data in separate files to the data the program needs for core operation and what files are they? If it is then why is the program modifying these files when no changes have been made?

One of Tixati's big draws for me is it's ability to be highly customised and it would be nice to have a settings file that I could save to use when upgrading the OS as it's a time consuming process.
by notaLamer on 2023/08/12 01:39:46 AM    
The config if not encrypted then in a custom format sadly. Your only programmable way through Tixati is to exploit its web interface.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server