Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati does not save on shutdown and crashes.

by Guest on 2023/08/02 08:53:01 PM    
Does not save on shutdown and crashes.

Tixati 3.19
Manjaro Linux 6.1.41-1-MANJARO (64-bit)

If I change any setting, e.g. the size of the windows under "Bandwidth", then this is not saved. When I go in there a while later, it's changed back to what I changed from.
When I have started Tixati and want to start the torrent files under "Transfers", I usually right-click on the "Transfers" button, and select "Start all transfers", but sometimes it doesn't work, so I have to select all the files in the window and start them manually instead.

When I close Tixati, it leaves a tixati_crash_report.dat under /desktop, as well as a systemd-coredump in the system log.
Paste the logs below, because I can't find any instructions on how to upload log files.

(crash report and core dump removed by Mod and sent to Devs)
by Guest on 2023/08/10 06:32:44 PM    
Another crash today.
Systemd-coredump from the system log.

(Log removed by Mod and sent to Devs)
by Guest on 2023/08/17 09:34:20 AM    
Another crash today.

by janet on 2023/08/17 09:51:19 AM    
Thanks for posting the crash reports. The Devs will be looking into this.
by Guest on 2023/09/24 10:28:50 AM    
by notaLamer on 2023/09/25 03:00:43 AM    
I believe I have had that crash but only if I started Tixati through sudo (later downgrading to normal user). Then I tried to figure out this segmentation fault by starting through su and could not reproduce. Now it crashes right after start... no matter the method.
by Guest on 2023/10/02 06:59:50 PM    
Several times now it has crashed while downloading, and after I restarted the computer and started Tixati again, all the downloads I started in the previous session are gone, along with any settings I may have made. Gets the impression that no settings or anything else is saved during a session.
If you can't fix this soon, I'll have to look for another client, because this is no longer working.

Sincerely
A Donor to Tixati

by janet on 2023/10/03 06:24:51 AM    
The Devs are working on this and it should be fixed in the next release.
Thank you to the user posting the crash reports and the logs, they really help the Devs.
by notaLamer on 2023/11/19 09:40:18 PM    
In my case, I've been crashing due to Channels feature. Two ways to go about this:
- Make a backup of channels2.dat and rename it so Tixati starts without your channels
- Cut off Tixati's port/internet access and wait for it to unfreeze while it tries to connect (a few minutes). Then go to settings and disable Channels

Works for now, waiting for a fix :)
by Guest on 2024/02/26 11:16:03 PM    
Thanks for the inputs, @Janet and @notaLamer.

Have reinstalled the program and deleted everything on the HD that has to do with Tixati.
After the installation, I noticed that the program changed the location of config files, from ~/.tixati to ~/.config/tixati, but it still crashes.
I imported my config file after installation, because I can't bear to redo all the settings again. But maybe I should have done that?
But I have a severe fatigue syndrome which makes it difficult to do certain things.

I don't use "Channels".

And one more thing, I've tried quite a few other torrent programs recently, but I'll keep using Tixati, because it's the best I've tried so far. I just hope you solve the problems that I and others have.
Good luck and keep up the good work you do!

From the original topic-poster.

Leaving the latest core dump and Tixati_crash_report.dat below.

by janet on 2024/02/29 01:51:18 PM    
This should be fixed for 3.21 but if not please let us know.
by notaLamer on 2024/02/29 10:28:32 PM    
My crash with Channels has been fixed, thank you a lot! You rule!
by Guest on 2024/03/10 05:33:50 PM    
K.H, Janet and others involved in the development of Tixati.
Have now tried the new version 3.22, and can only state that EVERYTHING that didn't work before, it works now. THANK YOU to everyone involved for all the hard work and effort you put into, in my opinion, THE BEST torrent client available today. And I have tested a number now.
The only thing I wonder about is, why did you change the size of the buttons at the top, Home, Feeds, Transfers... etc? Thought it was fine as it was before.

A request from me, is it possible to arrange under Feeds so that you can mark several of the ones you have there, e.g. first and last, to be able to edit Feed URLs simultaneously on all selected. I use Jacket and Showrss.info, and have the same URLs on all of them, except for the individual Showrss.info URLs. It would help when any URL is down or coming back, to be able to remove or add this to all at once.

Then I'm having trouble getting it to work with "Individual Tracker Options - Remove From New".
Have read what is in the help and in the forum, but can't get it to work. Has e.g. tried to get this filter to work "udp://9.rarbg.to:\d+/", but no luck.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server