Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

stopped: Invalid piece length in meta-file

by Guest on 2023/07/26 10:59:41 PM    
Hello,

while trying out different torrent clients, I downloaded a few torrents with a piece length of 256MiB.
Now I'm testing Tixati (which seems to be the best so far) and I can't seed these torrents because Tixati can only handle a max piece size of 64MiB.

Is it possible to expand this value?

Thank you very much,
Guest ;)
by Guest on 2023/07/27 12:25:38 AM    
If you have a torrent that always gets that error and will not load, post it here so the devs can get it and make it work in tixati. The mod will remove it from the forum and pass it to the devs.

either post the magnet link or upload the torrent file to a file hosting site and put a link to it here in the forum.
by Guest on 2023/07/27 11:18:18 AM    
Hi,

thanks for replying.

Unfortunately I can't hand out the two torrents that have this problem.
Though if I where a programmer (Oh, what a coincidence. I am) I would know what to do with this information.
But since I'm the one with the problem, of cause I want to deliver as much information as possible to get this solved.

Here is the part from both torrents where it defines the piece length and count of pieces

:piece lengthi268435456e6:pieces5240:
:piece lengthi268435456e6:pieces5540:

For reference, the same thing happened on Tixati version 2.64, where the piece size was raised to 64MiB.

From the change log of v2.64
updated piece size checking upon meta-info loading, allow 16K - 64M
allow local creation of transfers with piece size up to 64M

Thank you.
by notaLamer on 2023/08/12 01:26:46 AM    
I would also report it as a bug to clients allowing 256MiB piece sizes at creation. What are these torrents, in petabytes? It's completely insane.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server