Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Some 3.18 UI regressions

by Guest on 2023/05/15 09:19:14 PM    
New transfers list is awesome, I like that it sorts faster but:
- Side scroll doesn't work on my mouse (Logitech MX Master 3)
- Flags look wrong now, they are all different sizes, some are blurry and some are fine, I have a 1080p monitor at 100% scale on Windows 11 and to me, it looks bad
- Altsnap doesn't work on it
That's all I can recall for now, thanks for the best bittorrent client for real
by Guest on 2023/05/17 01:10:48 AM    
I would personally like to add, that the ability to sort by private & non-private would be much appreciated.
by Guest on 2023/05/17 05:01:23 AM    
Yes, I too found it quite strange that the flags are of different sizes. What's with that?
by Guest on 2023/05/17 03:40:35 PM    
From the news page:
flags in tree/list views now display at correct height-based sizing instead of width-based
by Guest on 2023/05/26 04:15:38 PM    
UPD. Upgraded to 3.19, Altsnap now works on the transfers list! thank you
Other points remain, also I think arrow icon that represents sorting direction should be reversed (to the way it was in the native Windows widget)? Guess it depends on how you look at it
by KH on 2023/05/28 09:07:32 AM    
Still working on that mouse side-scroll issue.

If anyone sees irregularities in the display of the flags in 3.19 or newer, please post a screenshot or email it to support.

In 3.18 and newer, those flag icons are regulated by height instead of width.

In pre-3.18, when it was controlled by width, it was causing odd side-effects between flags of different aspect ratios.  This was due to the fact that icons in Windows are always stored as standard sizes which are all square, eg. 16x16 24x24 etc etc.  So with wide flags in the pre-3.18 builds, there's lots of empty space at the top and bottom, and then the more square flags would appear normal height.

There may be some issues with scaling the icons on some Windows systems that I'm not aware of, so screenshots would help.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server