Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

A suggestion

by Guest on 2014/06/01 06:06:02 PM    
Would you guys/gals think about changing your desktop icon to something other than what it is?  I have Win 7 and have pinned it to my taskbar to keep the desktop from getting too cluttered.  The problem is, at a resolution of 1440 x 900 the was left behind.on looks like the one windows puts up when the pgm connected to it is uninstalled but the desktop icon remains but Windows put its broken link icon in its place.

I don't know how many times I've deleted it not paying attention to the mouse-over that tells me what the program is.  I have to check every time I boot up my desktop which isn't all that often so I forget what it is.

I figure it's a game or something the grandkids installed and pinned it to the desktop (which they do every weekend when they tire of a game) but don't think/remember to remove any icons left behind.

It's not a difficult thing to re-do it's just, having to go find the program on the hard dive and re-pinning it is just an annoyance more than anything.

So if you could include that in your next upgrade, this chickie will be a happy chickie :)

Just an idea.
Dojers

PS if this has already been missing, I apologize for the repost.  I try to avoid doing that but I may not have entered the best word search so it did't show what I wanted to ask and thought since this this is he help/feedback page, I figured I'd be ok with asking.

Thanks for a great pgm!

PS, it'd be nice to have an android app out on the Amazon website that recognize my device since on both the Kindle and the Chromebook and since it IS an Android and I have a ton of apps I can't use on this android device from Amazon, andthe Google Play Store doesn't recognize the Chromebook even though it's Google device. So THAT would be nice if you could get Google Play to see a google device :)
by Sailor24 on 2014/06/07 07:17:05 AM    
Throw this in Google and hit search. "custom taskbar icons"

Briefly, right click the Tixati icon in the task bar go up until you get to the program icon and right click, now choose properties. In the bottom center of the first page you should see change icon. You can then change to the second Tixati icon, but if you don't like that you can click browse at the top right which will take you to shell32. dll where you can look. If you don't like any of those browse again to moricons.dll in the same system 32 folder.

If you don't like any of those search the net for one you do then browse to where you have it saved on your computer and install it. I might also suggest you lock your task bar by right clicking on an empty spot, that way it will never change and you will be less likely to delete something you see that is the exact same.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server