Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Always expanded Folders in file list

by Guest on 2023/05/11 04:42:46 AM    
For heaven's sake, why must I manually expand every single folder in a torrent's file list (Transfers tab > Files tab below) every time I click away?

All I want is for all the darn folders (and sub-folders) to be displayed auto-expanded by default instead of auto-closed by default (create a new setting for it if others prefer the old way).

I really, really hope this can be implemented soon, 'cos it is the number one irritant by far in this otherwise awesome client.
by Guest on 2023/05/13 06:23:22 AM    
An alternative is when you add a new torrent, in Load Transfer window, go to settings and add de "expall" button on text field, so you can expand all with one click in the next time you add a torrent.
by Guest on 2023/05/13 10:54:46 PM    
Interesting, thanks for the info. Never knew about it, which leads me to a couple of questions:

1. Trial & error aside, where is this feature explained/documented, including which letters result in which buttons?

2. Having an Expand All button in the Add Torrent dialog is useful, but how can I add the same button to the Files tab in the Transfers window? That Files list is what I want to see expanded by default whenever I select any torrent above.
by notaLamer on 2023/05/14 03:36:46 AM    
I think #2 was a suggestion by Guest, not saying this button exists.
by Guest on 2023/05/14 06:12:36 PM    
1 - Tixati documentation isn't impressive and has many undocumented settings, but to know the options to buttons, just hold the mouse cursor over the text field for one second, and you can see the options on a tooltip, a little popup.

2 - In this tab you can't use buttons, keep buttons in this tab always can decrease the available space for the files list, this is a very bad thing, but maybe the devs can add a toggle for the buttons, a button or shortcut to toggle the bar, or add a context menu with this actions, this would be a good solution.
by Guest on 2023/05/17 04:35:05 AM    
1 - Tixati documentation isn't impressive and has many undocumented settings, but to know the options to buttons, just hold the mouse cursor over the text field for one second, and you can see the options on a tooltip, a little popup.
Yes, but that tooltip neither provides any explanation for what buttons would result from specific letters (thus requiring tedious trial & error), nor do the options even properly match what's already specified by default: https://ibb.co/1Tg1mBQ

2 - In this tab you can't use buttons, keep buttons in this tab always can decrease the available space for the files list, this is a very bad thing, but maybe the devs can add a toggle for the buttons, a button or shortcut to toggle the bar, or add a context menu with this actions, this would be a good solution.
Finding an appropriate place to put the Expand All toggle isn't difficult, or better still let it be an option under Settings to either display the Files list expanded completely or contracted by default.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server