Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Wrong Font setting used for Chats & Font rendering

by notaLamer on 2023/05/08 01:44:40 PM    
1. The channel text chats are using the "Chart" font setting instead of the "Chat View" setting.

2. Separate from this, the client window is not redrawn when the font is changed. THis causes for certain fonts to exceed their render area and the text or lines appear cut off until I resize the window.

Reproduction:
Font size 12
1. Select Liberation Serif, Apply
2. Resize chat window to force it to change lines according to Liberation Serif size
3. Select Noto Sans, Apply
4. Observe overlapping lines
5. Resize window, lines gone (correct rendering again)

Note on resizing: resizing the chat view by the split bar in Tixati main window is not enough. The entire window must be resized. Like Channel -> Right-Click -> Properties -> Chat tab where you have no choice but to resize the entire window.

Tixati 3.17, Linux.
by notaLamer on 2023/05/08 02:02:48 PM    
Update: The "Chat View" font
1. DOES NOT work for the "Chat" tab of the main window
2. IS NOT applied to (Channel -> Properties -> Chat tab) when you click "Accept" for the new setting. Instead a different font is applied (a fallback font?)... One more thing: sometimes after changing to various random fonts ONLY THEN does it stop updating fonts on "Accept" button press.
3. (SOMETIMES) IS ONLY applied to this separate chat window if you REOPEN the entire window

I report this in hopes this can be more easily handled with the transition to GTK3 rather having these issues wind up later.

There's more. "List/Tree" font controls the forum thread display too. I understand this from a technical perspective, but it feels more at home with the Chat View setting.
by janet on 2023/05/08 04:09:33 PM    
Tixati v3.18 is out and with it these issues should be fixed.
If any of the previous issues are still a problem post about it.
by notaLamer on 2023/05/08 11:52:43 PM    
Everything works correctly now.
I don't know who came first, but I decided to call it magic! Thanks :)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server