Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Number of active trackers limited to 128

by lozencratz on 2023/04/26 05:39:06 PM    
Tixati v3.17 x64 portable

I've culled together a list of (mostly) working trackers that I use as a general preset for most new torrents I load, but I find that any trackers from #129 onward are cut off in the Trackers announce tab.

I should mention that I'm not using the group function, so each tracker is separated by a blank line, and is therefore in its own group. (As far as I can tell, when you use groups, it only announces to the first group member? (Or does it go through each member until it finds one that responds?))

In any case, please increase the number of allowable active trackers to a higher number; perhaps 256.

Thank you
by Guest on 2023/04/28 04:24:34 PM    
With groups, all trackers are used if needed. Tixati stops with the first tracker in a group that connects. if connection fails, it goes to the next tracker listed for that group.
by notaLamer on 2023/04/30 01:35:21 PM    
Consider Tracker Groups to be one of the same tracker but mirror addresses of the same server. For example http://tracker.example and udp://tracker.example should always be placed within one group to avoid wasteful communication. Only one of them will be used. Put udp:// on top, because it's a faster protocol.

I cannot conceive any valid usage scenario to need so many trackers. 1. Did the private torrent die and now you can share it on public torrents and are looking for peers? 2. Did you disable DHT and now rely on trackers for peer discovery?
If anything I believe 1. is a legitimate scenario where you'd try as great reach as possible but very rare.
by janet on 2023/05/10 09:18:42 AM    
Check out v3.18.
The tracker limit has been increased to 300.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server