Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Sequential download improvement

by Guest on 2023/03/29 01:47:39 PM    
When using sequential download, pieces near the front should be allocated to high speed sharers and low speed sharers should be pushed toward the back. Also, when downloading a piece from multiple sources, it shouldn't automatically split 50/50. The split should be proportionate to their speed. I often find myself having to temporarily ignore sharers that are too slow when streaming.
by Guest on 2023/03/30 02:46:00 AM    
+1
by Guest on 2023/03/31 05:31:29 AM    
No, please keep the status quo. I don't like to see Tixati become a P2P player.
by Guest on 2023/04/01 03:16:19 AM    
No, please keep the status quo. I don't like to see Tixati become a P2P player

I can't get it, please explain your position better, what you mean with P2P player? All bittorrent clients is a P2P player, or not? If you mean make Tixati a very basic and limited client, like a iPhone of Bittorrent world, isn't better use something like uTorrent? Why use Tixati? The first post is not mine, but make the download algorithm more intelligent or smart, optimized and better for users needs, is a good thing, or not? Tixati is it, a client for power users, like the Android o Bittorent world.
by Guest on 2023/04/13 01:57:56 AM    
" No, please keep the status quo. I don't like to see Tixati become a P2P player. "

This is why we cant have nice things.

Sequential should be more strict. Even better if ordered is more strict as well.

D.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server