Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Very nice program. Some requested features

by Guest on 2014/05/28 08:01:47 AM    
I tried this after using BitTorrent for years. Has some very nice features but there a couple things missing that for now I will stick to BT.

Big ones for me
-BitTorrent has the option to create empty files with .!bt extension on. So when I'm donwloading a torrent with multiple files inside its easier for me to locate the finished ones and use while still waiting for the rest to finish. Example if someone has a collection of pictures its much easier with a browser view whats completely downloaded as it would ignore the .!bt files

-The scheduler so I can choke my downloads during the day then go nuts at night when my isp has no cap limits.

-auto shutdown so when downloads are done it will sleep my computer at night.

I also would like to see some more features added

-a number column to show the order they were installed. Would just make it easier to track downloads for those times when we download something then need to find a similar torrent because the first isn't being seeded.

-Also a column showing the date the last time the torrent had someone available at 100%. I've got some stuff that have been sitting at 99% for months.
by Bugmagnet on 2014/05/28 10:07:15 PM    
1] the incomplete file indicated by a custom extension is a very useful option. winMX had such a feature..as do many other BT aps.. maybe one day it will be added to Tixati.. we'll see.

2] I don't use a scheduler but what you need might be under

3] Auto-shutdown when you got yours is not a nice feature from a sharing community perspective.

4] Order installed can be determined by the date/time created column under

5] I understand your pain as to having torrents 99% complete for months. Sometimes it even shows a seed with 100% connected, but they never send a valid final block. On one, the extra superfluous .txt file is incomplete. Maybe the seed unchecked sharing it or their copy got corrupted. An unneeded file but it does prevent completing the main file, which shares a few bytes of the block containing the text file.
by Pete on 2014/05/28 11:02:06 PM    
To access Auto-Shutdown function right click Tixati tray icon or the top view bar (Home, Transfers,...).

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server