Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[FEATURE_REQUEST]  Replace text in DB <-- VERY NEED!

by hikikomori on 2023/03/21 03:41:04 PM    
The group replacement of paths and other data inside the torrent is very inconveniently organized.
Selection operations provided by tixati are not enough!

Need functionality similar to utility "BEncode Editor for Utorrent".

Change any torrent field in the database from any to any value.
Not just replace everything in the GUI selection, but replace from fragment1 to fragment2.

For example, we have a folder:
/path/to/movie/_fantast/_cyberpunk/

TASK - Need to move all torrents from _fantast to another path.
I can't just select all torrents with the mouse - it's long and hard, and the most unacceptable thing is
that when moving, my sorting of some torrents  in the _cyberpunk folder will be lost,
because everything just be moved to one new folder. Unsorted.

I cannot move each of my meta folders separately. When I want to change the root path /path/to/movie/,
I have to spend hours manually creating a directory structure, and first manually moving meta folders like
_cyberpunk and only then can move torrents from folder _fantast,
and so on with each folder!...

DEVops, do you understand what a hell of a job this is? =(
Please add the ability to group replacement in the database using the pattern any field from/to any value.
At least the paths and trackers. You make our lives SO much easier.
by kyzima-spb on 2023/03/23 03:08:07 PM    
I support the topic starter.

Lacks the ability to rename files according to a template. For example, if you download a TV-serial ot TV-show, then the season directory or individual series may have a name that is not understandable for Plex or Kodi.

I don't know how torrent files work internally, but it might be possible to match the hash sum from the torrent file with the hash sum of the files on disk and do an automatic match. Then it was possible to rename files with a third-party utility.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server