Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

I've got trouble with PEERS FROM CHINA

by francesco on 2023/02/15 06:18:28 PM    
This has been happening for time now and is becoming prevalent. Incoming peers from China that suck up bandwidth and display 0% progress.

I seed some movies, there has been true downloads from China, but are they interested in movies in German and Spanish, no, fuck them.

Is it there a way to block them based on IP range?

I know we block 1.3 trillion people

(Link removed by Mod - Please re-link to a picture with All filenames and IP addresses blurred out)

tHaNkS VeRyMutCh
by Guest on 2023/02/16 12:14:27 AM    
Client Filter and IP Filter features can help?
by Sailor24 on 2023/02/17 05:55:21 PM    
You may not have a problem and they may actually be downloading but still showing 0%. It is the nature of the beast. There is a government firewall set up around that country. In short they have unique ways to get around their local problems. Don't let it bother you, but if it still does learn how to create a block list and start individually blocking the problem IPs, it will take a bit of work, but blocking the whole range might bite you in the butt.
by francesco on 2023/02/18 07:03:36 PM    
Hi there Sailor24 cheers for reply, to be absolutely honest I just pulled a big download from china, but lets admit this is NOT the rule, they are most usually leeches they download 100s of GBs and share with you one digit KBs, they are tremendous leeches.

Banning IP ranges is a no winner.

NONETHELESS A FEATURE IS NEEDED TO BLOCK A PEER WHEN IT REQUESTS A FILE PIECE OVER AND OVER

OK admin this is then the photo

(Link removed by Mod - Please re-link to a picture with ALL filenames blurred out)
by Guest on 2023/06/17 01:45:58 PM    
I live in China and regularly download torrents that are German, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish. Maybe you weren't aware of this, but there are something like a million non-Chinese living here in China.
by Guest on 2023/06/24 11:19:44 PM    
paranoia
by Guest on 2023/06/24 11:21:15 PM    
decades using torrents to find blocking ips is not worth the time
by Guest on 2023/06/25 06:57:12 PM    
>I seed some movies, there has been true downloads from China, but are they interested in movies in German and Spanish, no, fuck them.
You speak only one language? lolloloolloll
>peers not reporting progress from china
yeah they use a shitty client called xunlei, just block that in the client filter by peer id:
-XL*
Chinese also hate people using that, idk if it has some counter firewall stuff, although they have a blacklist based system anyway
by Guest on 2023/06/27 07:33:40 AM    
My filter list:

Client ID, Never Allow
dandan*
dlbt*
libtorrent/1.1.6.0
libtorrent/1.1.13.00
thunder*
unknown
xunlei*

Peer ID, Never Allow, Match Case
-BC00*
-BN*
-BT71000*
-DL*
-GT0002-
-QD*
-QVOD*
-SD*
-SP2*
-TB*
-TT*
-UT4*
-UT5*
-UT6*
-UW*
-VG*
-XF*
-XL*
-ZO*
by Guest on 2023/08/06 09:03:35 PM    
I have some files that were only able to complete by coaxing a xunlei client to share (specifically XL0012 clients. XL0018 are a lost cause).

With the XL0012 clients they rarely report their % complete but may do so upon reconnecting, although this is not certain. As soon as they reach 100% will disconnect so you have a short window while they are downloading to get as many pieces as possible. Seeding full speed to these clients will only make them vanish quicker.

If the files are only available in the walled garden of xunlei then blanket banning xunlei clients is doing more harm than good.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server