Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

PEER Displaying 0% Progress

by francesco on 2023/02/14 08:08:10 PM    
Hello there first off I have to congratulate the team for this awesome piece of software Tixati, fucking number one.

Just a little thing we must look into.

I HAD DETECTED THIS THING SOME TOME AGO AS I DOWNLOADED MOVIES, THERE WERE PEERS THAT WILL LEECH THE TRANSFER BY PERMANENTLY REQUESTING DATA WITHOUT APPARENTLY WRITING IT - THEY WILL ALWAYS DISPLAY 0% AND KEEP REQUESTING.

These are always from china, 223.x.x.x, this in particular works FDM 5.1.38 which is unknown to me.  xunlei, a thing they apparently use

When ignored these will come back from same address another door and continue the job.

I am maybe wrong about this and its just that the download manager fails to report the pieces on completion making Tixati show 0%

Just yesterday same thing 223.x.x.x downloading a big size movie I seed, always 0%, I had to ignore it.

IS IT A TIXATI BUG ?

Or I am maybe right and this is a way to degradate service on one torrent by sucking your bandwith dry. In this case some protection must be implemented without resorting to IP banning etc thinking on services that go without supervision.

Alright, that be it. Greetings.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server