Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Existing file with incorrect size

by brianp on 2014/05/24 07:05:41 PM    
I'm getting "Existing file with incorrect size". This is stopping all transfers for this torrent. I have tried to delete said files and also taken the rogue files offline, but still the transfer is blocked. It will not let me force check, either. Any clues?
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/25 10:01:12 PM    
That error is exactly what it says it is. The file size is wrong according to what the torrent says. Often the difference is so small you can't read it in file properties. You can try (with the torrent stopped) going to the directory and name the file something else or delete it. Then start the torrent again and a new file will be created. You can then start fresh. If that is not wanted you can check the file. Ergo why rename the file.
Usually for me that error happens when the properties of the file change, so right click on it and choose properties and look for something that should not be there. Depends on the file, if word you may have opened it and Micro office added you as the author same for some PDFS. Just depends on the type.

Have you ever had this problem before? What is the file extension? Have you opened it while it was not running as a torrent?

If none of the above works. Choose meta info by right clicking on the torrent in Tixati choose save.torrent file. Then with the upper remove button choose remove and delete. Once the torrent is gone completely open the torrent file you saved and you should have a clean fresh start.
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/26 07:58:12 AM    
I did not make it clear. copy the good files and copy them into the correct directory for the new upload.
by Guest on 2014/05/26 07:21:29 PM    
Renaming or deleting all involved files will do the job. However, it can be very tedious task if there is a large number of such files. Very annoying behavior of Tixati IMO.
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/27 10:25:17 AM    
That is not a tixati problem. I comes from some other spot on the computer. Something opened the file and changed it. Never open a file that is being used by Tixati unless Tixati is open. The program seems to prevent other programs from making changes.

It should only be one file. Open the files view and look for the open that has the problem.
by Guest on 2014/05/27 07:43:51 PM    
This is obviuosly a Tixati problem. It just can't automatically recheck files with changed sizes. You should remove manually all such files to successfully complete the check.
by Guest on 2014/09/24 02:49:03 PM    
I've read the possible remedies above but the thing is, I can't rename the file or move it or just copy it to a different disk so I don't really get what you guys are talking about. Since its asking to run chkdsk, I thought it had something to do with the hard disk but I can't move it anywhere else.

I tried using a different torrent client and it just says the same error--that its corrupted and unreadable.

This is just massive pain the ass coz it happened twice now. At almost 1GB video file it stopped at over 50% so a fresh start is really my last option.

I've grown fond of this app lately, been using it over the more popular and top rated ones and never had any problems whatsoever but this, is a deal breaker.
by Guest on 2014/09/25 06:47:08 AM    
by Guest on Wed, 24 Sep 2014 12:49:03 GMT
I've read the possible remedies above but the thing is, I can't rename the file or move it or just copy it to a different disk so I don't really get what you guys are talking about. Since its asking to run chkdsk, I thought it had something to do with the hard disk but I can't move it anywhere else.

I tried using a different torrent client and it just says the same error--that its corrupted and unreadable.

This is just massive pain the ass coz it happened twice now. At almost 1GB video file it stopped at over 50% so a fresh start is really my last option.

if you get the same error with other clients than its probably not a tixati problem.

I dont think tixati will ask you to run chkdsk.

Sounds like you have problems, especially since you cant rename move or copy the file.
by Guest on 2015/05/02 08:51:36 PM    
i solved this problem =D, when that "incorrect size" happen, check which one the file that marked as RED font. it should be only one file that make your downloading stopped by that error message. remember that file!!! after that, remove your downloading torrent also delete local files from tixati and load the torrent file again.
select all files and click off to uncheck all files to download. then check the file which got "incorrect size" error before. so you only will download 1 file from many files you want to download.
if this one has completed, check again some files. example : if that error files inside of a specific folder, check that folder first. and uncheck the first file you have downloaded (which got error before).
now you can donload all files without error.
if happen again, back up your completed download files. do it again as i said. just don't check the file you complete downloaded.
problem solved . greetings from indonesia
if this isn't work... i have no idea then. this trick work for me. maybe you miss one step...
by Guest on 2015/11/04 11:11:36 PM    
Thanks guest ^

I figured out what you meant, but thought I'd explain for people less computer savvy. Probably won't help OP as he had trouble with single file, BUT

If you are downloading a torrent with multiple files (and get the error), right click on the torrent and click properties, then click the files tab, then search for a file highlighted in red with the error showing. That is the offender.

Delete torrent, delete data from download folder, then re-add the torrent and uncheck the checkbox for that particular offending file/folder when prompted to start torrent.

If you're lucky the rest will work.. and you can try and download the offending file separately. Worked for me.
by JWvL_software on 2015/11/07 12:42:17 PM    
I had the same problem. "Force Check" didn't work.

Then just deleted that file from the hard drive and re-ran "Force Check" and the dl restarted.

Did I miss something for these users that had problems or was deleting the torrent, and the other files unnecessary?

JWvL
by Guest on 2015/11/07 11:19:45 PM    
Make sure you are updated to at least version 2.25, because now the Force Check will work if the old file is smaller than the new one.  It simply extends the file when you force it to check, so no more "Incorrect size" problem, unless the new file is smaller.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server