Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

v3.11 [FEATURE?] Ignore Peer is now Permanent between restarts

by Guest on 2022/09/23 11:41:16 AM    
Tixati v2 introduced a block peer function. It was a great addition by the Dev team.

I use this feature all the time.

You'll find this in TRANSFERS > (select a download line) > PEER (tab) then where you can see IP addresses > RIGHT HAND MOUSE CLICK > 'Ignore'

This makes a misbehaving peer 'banned'
In Tixati v2, a restart of the program CLEARED the ignore/ban list to 'zero' so you start afresh

In Tixati v3, a restart now KEEPS these banned peers.

Which in v3 is perfectly OK with me.

BUT if we have this new feature, ideally we need a way of managing it:

1) Feature to add BANNED PEERS in a table list which can be reviewed by the user
2) Ideally to be editable in case user adds peer a mistake on previous sessions
3) Perhaps also add "block this entire /24 range" or custom range feature (REALLY WANT THIS!!!)
4) Needs a RESET IGNORED PEERS button on the table list to clear it all
5) Maybe put a checkbox in SETTINGS screen (default=OFF) so people like me can enable checkbox to have persist ignores peers by choice

Would be nice to also Ban Ports (enter port number, save) such as :51500 = A well-known 'malicious' port - that results in your ISP sending letters to your home <-pathetic people huh!

Thanks
by Guest on 2022/09/26 03:32:24 AM    
Great idea. I would also like to see this added on the next build. The only program I will ever use is TIXATI...!!
by Guest on 2023/11/05 06:52:23 AM    
+1
by TixMan on 2024/06/13 10:53:42 PM    
+1

I've been reviewing my torrent usage and this seems to make sense in managing peers which are mal-behaved.

Thank you.
by Guest on 2024/06/15 03:03:28 AM    
Actually, I think banned peer management - This is available in Tixati v3.19 - just very well hidden and undocumented it seems.

Maybe you can try finding it. You might need to enable channels or something so you have the CONTACTS button top right.

Go into CONTACTS (blue/green people icon) top right of Tixati...
You either get a popup window or a side pane of contacts

Click the User Name at the top. May be showing Guest987 ? Or something similar unless you renamed it to your own choice.
Then once you clicked Guest987 a small menu appears.
Click the NO ENTRY symbol labelled "Ignored Users"

A list of computer icons and IP numbers appears.

This here is your IGNORE and UNIGNORE management list

RED IP numbers are blocked. To unignore one, right hand click, and (green circle) UNIGNORE comes up.

Can you find this menu on yours? Update us please... thank you.
by notaLamer on 2024/06/23 05:19:48 PM    
3.25 I cannot find the IGNORED USERS list you talk about. Any right-clicked user only has: Browse, Send Message, Ignore/Unignore, Remove.
by Guest on 2024/06/24 07:39:34 PM    
Hi notalamer,

3.25 it has moved to the new style HOME screen.

HOME screen >> (right hand side) Click on the "red prohibited symbol" (underneath yellow question mark)

Popup window appears with your Ignored Peers list.
Hope you find it? This list only contain manually added IGNORED peers.

Make sure everybody is blocking the bots using the IP Filter text file import.
See the peers in your Transfers >> Peers window, you can manually add them to IGNORE also so you can see how often these IP's come round.

I don't come on here much now, but I still log the spybot activity all year round.
by notaLamer on 2024/07/11 02:44:57 PM    
3.25 it has moved to the new style HOME screen.
HOME screen >> (right hand side) Click on the "red prohibited symbol" (underneath yellow question mark)
Thank you, I found it.
Please do not stop and continue to catch and collect the bots. Your list updates would be much appreciated, especially if you could add comments about behavior i.e. the reason why. Many lists from 10 years ago suffered from the problem of "just trust me, these are all p2p bots" notwithstanding becoming outdated after a while, rendering them useless. Collectively we probably have here the most comprehensive list on the net

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server