Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Upload speed - seeding/leeching

by Guest on 2014/05/19 12:28:04 AM    
In µTorrent there is a very handy feature that allows you to set two different upload speeds for when you are in leeching mode (still downloading) and for when you are in seeding mode (all downloads 100% complete).

I cannot seem to find any such option in Tixati.

Does anything similar exist? Thanks for any help.
by Pete on 2014/05/19 09:22:12 AM    
Tixati is better than uTorrent in this regard. Go to Bandwidth view and click Presets button. There you can add bandwidth presets and use them as seeding and downloading defaults. Tixati will switch automatically between them when seeding/leeching.
by Guest on 2014/05/19 05:50:37 PM    
Ok, thanks for the explanation, I've got it working exactly the way I want it now.

The settings in Tixati can be quite convoluted, but having more options is certainly better than fewer.

Thanks for the help, Pete.
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/20 08:40:49 PM    
Pete how do you do this exactly? I have set them up but mine don't seem to change automatically. I am guessing the mins must be set correctly but not sure how. Does auto limit affect this function?
by Pete on 2014/05/21 10:03:06 AM    
1. Set everything at bandwidth view for downloading,
2. add a preset,
3. mark the preset as downloading default,
4. do the same for seeding.

Seeding/Downloading presets don't change instantly, you have to wait a couple of seconds to see effect. Also if you have any downloading torrent stalled, Tixati won't change preset to seeding default. When adding preset you decide which settings are remembered. There are several options for auto limiter, to keep things simple save Incoming/Outgoing Limits only. You can manually turn auto limiter on/off, it won't interfere with changing between seeding/downloading defaults. Of course you can have completely different auto limiter settings for each preset, if you'd like.
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/25 03:02:24 AM    
Thanks that explains it. I see why I have failed to get it switching. I always have a few stuck downloading torrents. I was hoping it would switched based on download bandwidth. In my case, once I get below 200 or a 1/5th of my download speed I can upload at my max. When I am downloading I have found that I need to cap my upload at 65% and trade at 100% to max out my download. The trade sorts itself sort of. The 35% is very significant if I forget to switch back. Keeping a ratio is hard since it is based on your upload limit.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server