Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

removing peers accidentally

by Guest on 2022/05/02 01:13:03 AM    
I am really tired of accidentally removing peers because Tixati refuses to remove, move, or give a second chance to bypass it!
Why are you being so stubborn?
I am not the only one to question this.
If you cared about your users, you would do something about it!
by Guest on 2022/05/02 05:36:23 PM    
I agree with you which developers has ignored a lot of user requests for years and years, and this is very bad, but I think you post here with aggressiveness, don't help, just make things worst.
by Guest on 2022/06/05 12:48:10 AM    
It would be nice to be able to undo at least the last action in at least the current tab.
I think such an option could take care of this and other similar issues without nagging about
what the user wants to do.

If implementing this is desirable maybe it could be done in such a way to also allow other features.
For example I would also like to be able to exit Tixati (when a restart or upgrade is desired)
and to be prompted on the next start to restore all peers in all transfers with what
I set for their Bandwidth options, Ignored/Unignored status etc. or start fresh a new session.

Using the usual undo keyboard shortcut would be nice.
By the way, adding keyboard shortcuts (customizable if possible) for other actions could further
improve the experience in this very nice program.

Thank you
by Guest on 2022/06/06 03:15:21 AM    
How do you accidentally remove a peer? I know you can right click and block or remove a peer but even if you did remove a peer by accident, you can get that peer back through trackers or DHT.
by Guest on 2022/06/07 04:02:26 AM    
On torrents with lots of peers I set different priority groups to peers as a means to "flag" them and then decide what to do with some of them.
This is quite tedious and it happens to click by accident on remove or ignore while navigating in the menu.
When you already have lots of ignored peers and then by accident ignore a new selection of peers it feels worse than removing them because you have no way of finding the last ignored ones.
Being able to use undo would be great.
Maybe the first Guest could give us a more detailed scenario of how the accident happens in his case.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server