Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

2.88 Portable dropping speed

by Guest on 2022/03/16 05:47:53 PM    
torrents download at normal speed and then speed drops to almost 0.

Need to close and restart Tixati to get normal speeds for a while and then problem happens again.
by TX007 on 2022/03/17 11:03:53 AM    
Tixati seems to rely on system cache for writing data. So if you have fast download speed, and you save your files to an external hard disk or flash drive, there is a big chance these devices will not handle the data flood. They usually have writing cache turned off by default. You should turn it on for the needed device this way:

  1-  Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2-  Click Device Manager.
  3-  Expand Disk Drives.
  4-  Right-click the drive on which you want to turn disk write caching on or off, and then click Properties.
  5-  Click the Policies tab.
  6-  Click to select or clear the Enable write caching on the disk check box as appropriate.
  7-  Click OK.
by Guest on 2022/03/18 09:03:32 PM    
Its not the HDD.
Caching is Enabled and it is an SSD.
by TX007 on 2022/03/19 12:00:41 PM    
Try this:

1-Set outgoing speed limit to 70% of the max upload speed offered by your internet service provider. More details here:

2-Reduce these numbers:
- Connected peers per download/upload
- Maximum concurrent outgoing UDP/TCP connection attempts.
- Download/Upload slots.

3- If Tixati port is open, and you get a high number of incoming connections, try closing the port temporarily for troubleshooting.

By the way, when Tixati becomes slow, do you notice any problems browsing the internet?
by Guest on 2022/03/24 06:13:55 PM    
OP here

Using 2.89 now, same problem.

I have used tixati for a long time.

I have only 1 torrent open. Seeds 4(4) Leechers 14(15) so not many connections. Speed is limited to use less than max bandwidth.

Start a ping to google. ping is ok. start tixati portable and after a couple minutes ping goes to ~500ms (normal ~10). Browsing is useless.

Downloaded QBitTorrent, same torrent, faster speed than tixati, ping stays normal. NO PROBLEMS.

Could my ISP be throttling? Not likely as I have changed ports in tixati and I have Encrypted Only selected. Also, it doesnt happen with QBitTorrent.

I dont know how I can help the devs check this out but there is definitely something going on.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server