Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Status Decipher needed

by Zooky on 2014/05/12 01:11:28 AM    
I'm a newbie to Tixati and in needed of help trying to figure out those #'s on the status line.

e.g. - I see "seeding" - o.k., that I know to be a good thing.

However, that is followed by all kinds of numbers and parenthetical expressions.  I'm an oldie (but, goodie) and that all looks like gibberish to me.  Do I need to know what those #'s mean or should I just keep pluggin' along in unknowing bliss?  :)
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/13 01:59:43 AM    
You should know what those numbers are, but it is sort of moot. The set is # (#) # (#). We will call them, from left to right, A B C and D. A is the number of seeds you are connected to . B is the number of seeds available to connect to, but may have dropped them or they you. It is only from you connecting to them that they register as a seed. This is not from trackers. C is the number of leeches you are connected to. D is what is left from what the trackers report and any DHT messages. These could be seeds you never connected to or leeches that you have or have not connected to.

The problem with both B and D is they often are wrong because most of us use IVP4 and IVP6, that will count some as 2. There is a further problem with D in that trackers don't drop people as soon as they log off. They will show up under the peers tab as a time out with a 0 for bytes in. This means they never spoke to you. So the numbers in brackets must be taken with a grain of salt, in other words you are very unlikely to have A and B the same number. Even though B is only 3, one of those will use both IVP4 and 6 so will only be one machine counting as 2 seeds.
by Bugmagnet on 2014/05/13 04:53:53 PM    
for status  

A is number of seeds currently connected to
B is the total number of seeds being reported by tracker, DHT or PEX

C is number of peers connected to
D is the total number of peers in the swarm.
by Pete on 2014/05/13 07:17:38 PM    
From what I observed, Sailor24 is right about those numbers. To be more specific, all numbers: A (B) C (D) refer only to addresses on the peers' list. These are not values reported by the tracker. If you manually remove seeds, peers or unconfirmed addresses from peers' list, the corresponding number in Status column will decrease. Tixati also automatically clears the peers' list from old addresses. To see numbers reported by trackers, go to Trackers tab or to Event Log tab for earlier responses.
by Guest on 2014/05/13 11:24:35 PM    
MANY thx for the replies.  That was very helpful.  Have one last question.

I use Tixati almost exclusively for Uploading - have about 1,000 torrents now available.  Have it configured as such and it's open full throttle - I have 50 Mbps.

Each line shows A as being 0.  Is this because it's being Uploaded, not downloaded?
(I brought along all those torrents when I came on board at Tixati).
by Guest on 2016/04/23 11:22:00 AM    
May I summarise?
For me, a simple downloader, the important number is the fist.  The larger, the faster I can expect the download will be.  is that correct?  Peers and leeches are the same?  Other downloaders?  Do they reduce the speed or, because they may have downloaded what I need, they are some sort of seeds but not with everything available?
Hope someone can make sense of what I have written.
Thanks for any reply

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server