Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[Bug] Scroll bar not shown in long browse lists

by notaLamer on 2022/02/16 07:51:38 PM    
Tixati v2.88, Windows 7 x64

Click Browse on a user with many shares. The scroll bar does not show in the window on the right, you can only scroll with a mouse wheel. This must have happened in the last couple versions 2.87 or 2.88.
by CivilPDX on 2022/02/20 06:01:04 PM    
this may be a Windows 7 specific issue as I've not seen this on Windows 10

profile I browsed had 52k links for reference
by Guest on 2022/02/20 07:04:06 PM    
What do these users have in the browse window?
magnet links? pictures? text?
all of the above?

how long is long?

I tried this on Win 7 and everything worked as it should. I browsed people on and off line, and with 20,000 to 50,000 mag links.
by notaLamer on 2022/02/21 07:43:39 PM    
I tested again and it doesn't matter what there is: any long Browse window does not get a scroll bar until I resize the Browse window! Then I tried Event Log/Peers tab/Comments tab: all work fine with a scroll bar where needed

I carried out a number of tests and I can't reproduce anything except with my actual client .exe and path that I use daily:

1. Fresh Windows 7 VM: no
1.1: Imported config too: can't reproduce.
2. v2.81 - v2.88 with imported config (without transfers or channels): cant reproduce
3. Copied all files from my main Tixati installation to 2's location: can't reproduce, scroll bar appears
4. Again launch my main installation v2.88 "tixati_Windows64bit.exe": No scroll bar, bug!
5. Rename file to "tixati_Windows64bi.exe" - removed "t": Scroll bar bug fixed!
6. Rename file back to original "tixati_Windows64bit.exe": BUG FIXED?! WHAT. Scroll bar appears normally again

WTF?! What's Windows doing???

"Solved"
by KH on 2022/03/25 10:36:39 AM    
This problem has been solved for version 2.89.

The richview control that powers the browse view, chat windows, and event logs has been completely re-engineered to be much much faster and more reliable.

If anyone still has any problems with scrollbar visibility, please let us know.  It can be tricky to get them to display correctly, especially on Windows platforms.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server