Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati works at second start

by ZDS on 2022/01/22 12:46:15 PM    
Hello!
From seven or eight (maybe more) months, every time I start Tixati (after PC restart), it freezes at the "checking" stage. After closing and restarting the program, it invariably starts properly. Although already used to it, would like to ask for advice if anything comes to mind. Win 10 / 64 bit

Thank you for your amazing software, greetz,
ZDS
by Guest on 2022/01/22 06:06:50 PM    
what version of Tixati are you running?
does this happen on multiple versions of tixati?
how long do you let it stay on 'checking' before you stop it?
how do you stop it?
do you have it set to start tixati automatically after restart?
does this only happen after a computer restart?
by CivilPDX on 2022/01/23 01:34:37 AM    
I've seen this behavior although it's very rare.

it usually only happens when I'm hash checking a lot of torrents, eventually one may just stop reading from the disk and the progress will just stop. if you right click and hit stop checking files and force check again it will work and finish fine.

if there is a way to profile the bug I'd love to help but not sure what to do other than describe the bug :/
by ZDS on 2022/01/23 12:46:05 PM    
@ Guest, CivilPDX
Thank you for replying.
- I tend to update regularly, so this has happened with all Tixati versions from at least 8, 9 months back.
- At first I tried to wait it out, so have literally left it checking for hours.
- It does freeze, as in not doing anything and not finishing the checks, but the tray icon reacts - that is how I stop it.
- I no longer set it to autostart namely because of this problem.
- Yes, only after computer restart. After restart, you open it once, it hangs at the checks, you close it, and after that you can open and close as many times and it works OK till the next restart.

Thank you,
ZDS
by ZDS on 2022/01/31 04:36:51 PM    
Solved.
Daily scheduled backup interferes with Tixati startup, and the program freezes at the checking stage. My backups are as big as 800 MB.
Deleting the schedule fixes the problem.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server