Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Unable to install v2.88

by Guest on 2022/01/18 10:26:02 AM    
Hi,

I'm unable to install v2.88, both as a user and as an admin. Upon starting the installer I should be getting a prompt asking if I want to execute the file. This does not happen, the process is visible in the task manager but nothing appears on screen and everything just hangs there until restart (as if the promt was there but was invisible and there was no way to interact with it).
With v2.87 everything works fine, same with any other installer file.
by Guest on 2022/01/18 06:41:09 PM    
what version of windows?

i have successfully installed both the 32 and 64 bit windows versions on win 7, and have run the windows portable version in XP.

just to clarify, right now you can install v2.87 but not v2.88?
by Guest on 2022/01/19 12:48:38 AM    
Win 10.
Yes, I can install 2.87 - I get the splash screen/prompt asking if I want to run the program. I guess it's the problem with the prompt out of focus/not appearing for some reason (or my gfx card) rather than a faulty installer. I can of course lower my security settings and get rid of the problem, though, but something is not working as intended anyway.
by notaLamer on 2022/01/25 03:04:42 PM    
Comment: I've seen this behavior on Windows 7, it was the system freezing somewhere under the hood and waiting for whatever security/UAC checks to complete before a prompt is shown.
I would not be surprised if Windows 10 Defender tried to upload the file on the fly to Microsoft's cloud for analysis. Have you tried to wait longer?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server