Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Skipping/deprioritizing bad piece

by t2t on 2022/01/02 09:53:34 PM    
Is it possible to have Tixati either skip or deprioritize a piece that it keeps receiving bad data for? For one of my torrents, the swarm consists of leachers with a single missing piece, and one seeder. The seeder has a bad copy of the piece that the swarm is missing. The seeder has no other issues except for this piece. The leachers barely upload while the seeder has good upload. Tixati keeps trying to download the bad piece over and over again, occasionally asking the seeder for other pieces, which severely hinders progress.

The only workaround I can see is to try to figure out which file the bad piece falls into, remove the torrent, re-add it, and force check, then resume with that file turned of, but it appears that my calculation is wrong. It would be much easier if Tixati could just stop requesting that single piece after it fails a certain number of times (or at least not request it from the same peer).
by notaLamer on 2022/01/04 10:19:32 AM    
Tixati settings: Transfers > Peers > Auto-ignore/deprioritize Bad Piece Threshold. It's already there.

A problem it doesn't solve: the only full seed is left and has the file corrupt on his/her end. The file will never finish and won't let you keep the bad piece to make the file usable. What if there's only 1 bit that's bad? Won't be noticeable for most media
by t2t on 2022/01/05 07:37:10 AM    
Tixati settings: Transfers > Peers > Auto-ignore/deprioritize Bad Piece Threshold. It's already there.

From what I observed in the client, this setting will deprioritize the peer, not the piece. That is, the seed will have its download priority lowered and eventually be set to ignored. Its intent seems to be to prune bad peers.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server