Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati Force Check hangs in reading a long torrent file name

by loninappleton on 2021/12/26 05:17:21 AM    
I got this long file name as a torrent but Force Check cannot read it.
Can a torrent editor be used to fix the long name and still keep the torrent active?
As you can see there's a semicolon separator and the MD5 unique code is part of the
name.

 I had some local problems with this in transferring the content where Win7 said file name too long, shorten the name.  I have X-ed out a lot of it since I don't want any problem not in the torrent site.  Perhaps a torrent editor (I have one of those) can fix it:

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX       -MD5;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.iso.torrent

Well that's as much as I can fiddle with it.  I did not count actual characters. There are a couple of real spaces and that semicolon then the word  'MD5' followed by the number then .iso and .torrent
by Guest on 2022/01/01 07:13:47 AM    
You can only try to put it to drive root (like C:\) for location/length. A torrent editor won't help iirc, you need a client (another client?) that allows you to change the final filename.
If all that fails, you'll need Microsoft's latest file system ReFS that supports 32K long file names.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server