Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Error code 8 when Tixati starts...

by Guest on 2021/11/23 10:36:32 PM    
Hello everyone,
I am currently encountering a problem when I try to start Tixati. I am on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. As soon as I start Tixati, there is the usual loading screen with the blue bar. However, after 2s of loading, there is an error message saying :

"Error Loading Config File
/home/jeremy/.tixati/autothrottle2.dat
Error code 8

The config file could not be read from disk or is corrupt.
Please select an action:
- Revert to backup of last successfully loaded config file
- Delete config file and start fresh
- Do nothing and try again

_ Leave copy of broken config file on desktop

Make sure the disk is not full.
OK"

First I tried to restart the computer because I just got an update from Livepatch. So I just thought it might have been a conflict between some files because of the update. It did not solve the problem...

Secondly, I tried to click on the third option "Do nothing and try again". There is an window that appears that says :
Please wait...
User has selected "Do nothing and try again"
PLEASE CLICK THE CLOSE BUTTON THEN MANUALLY RESTART TIXATI TO TRY AGAIN
I did what it says. It did not solve the problem...

Thirdly, I tried to click on the first option "Revert to backup of last successfully loaded config file". There is a window that says :
"Please wait...
User has selected "Revert to backup of last successfully loaded config file"
Copying last successfully loaded config file to temporary file:
Copying /home/jeremy/.tixati/autothrottle2.dat.lastloadok.dat
To /home/jeremy/.tixati/autothrottle2.dat.temp
Please wait...
Copied OK!
Moving temporary to current config file:
Moving /home/jeremy/.tixati/autothrottle2.dat.temp
To /home/jeremy/.tixati/autothrottle2.dat
Please wait...
Moved OK!
COMPLETE!
Please restart Tixati after clicking the Close button."

Fourthly, I tried the last option: "Delete config file and start fresh". There is an window that appears that says :
Please wait...
User has selected "Delete config file and start fresh"
Removing current config file:
Removing /home/jeremy/.tixati/bwpresets2.dat
Please wait...
Removed OK!
COMPLETE!
Please restart Tixati after clicking the Close button.

Finally, I uninstalled Tixati with "sudo apt remove tixati". The uninstallation worked. I reinstalled it with "sudo apt update", then "cd Downloads", then "ls", then "/home/jeremy/Téléchargements" (because I am French and this is where my downloads are located, téléchargements means downloads). The installation worked. However, the original problem persists when I start Tixati.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem ?
Thanks in adavance for your response,
Best regards,
by notaLamer on 2021/11/30 10:18:02 AM    
Have you tried to delete 'autothrottle2.dat' and its copy? Not the most important file of all the config files...
by Guest on 2021/12/01 11:11:32 PM    
Okok, so I really don't like when something "repair" itself without doing anything... Because, after some tries (again) yesterday. It did not work again. However, for some REASON, today, Tixati started just fine, as usual... That is super weird. So unfortunately, I don't have any response to that problem to give to the community :/
I have not even tried your possible solution, so I don't know if it would have solved the issue or not.

Sorry everyone for your attention,
Have you all a nice day,
by Guest on 2022/03/21 07:57:06 AM    
Been having trouble with this for the longest time, any time Tixati crashes while the computer is shutting down. Finally figured out from here that I just need to delete whatever .dat files are named in the error message, one by one. They're 24 byte files anyway.
by Guest on 2022/03/22 01:06:14 AM    
If Windows doesn't let Tixati to shutdown properly:
1) Probably a bug
2) Increase the shutdown wait time in Registry. Find the setting online something like "Waiting for programs to close too long"
If increasing the timeout helps then it confirms (1)
by Guest on 2022/06/16 11:21:09 PM    
Hello again (I am the author of the thread),

The problem happened to me again today. I instinctively did the same step as previously, but no success. So I went back to the thread, and actually the "Guest" who said to delete the files mentioned in the error message was RIGHT ! It solved the problem indeed. Funny that you posted your message on my birthday.

So to solve the problem :
Step 1. Delete the files mentioned in the error message. Remark: you might need to activate the "see hidden files" option in your file explorer in order to access the folder.
Step 2. Start again Tixati. The error message should appear again. Choose "Delete config file and start fresh".
Step 3. Start again Tixati. It should work.

What could cause the problem:
Either a Livepatch update that creates conflicts, either Tixati was not shut down properly. For me, I had a Livepatch update just today before starting Tixati. And yesterday, when I was shutting down my computer, Tixati was ON, but I clicked on the "shut down now" button even if Ubuntu showed a message saying "Tixati is still running". Since both things happened before the problem, I don't know what could have caused it. However, I would bet on the "shut down possibility" because it was maybe too quick for Tixati to close properly.

Anyway, I hope that if you have this problem, you can solve it by following these steps now.
Have a nice day,

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server