Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Unable to open File: Access is denied

by Guest on 2014/05/10 03:46:48 PM    
Hello,

I've got a couple of torrents I've been trying to resume for a while, but I keep getting the access is denied error.

I've checked the file rights and it's not read only or anything.

Any advice would be appreciated.
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/12 04:43:09 PM    
You need to be more clear what is going on and the window that is giving the error, whether you are accessing through windows or tixati or maybe another program. Sorry but this is very vague.
by Guest on 2014/05/16 12:08:00 AM    
I'm not being vague. This happens for certain torrents 100% of the time regardless of what I'm doing. The error message appears under the status column in tixati.

It only happens with something I've stopped in the past and am trying to resume at a later date.
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/16 02:09:51 PM    
If not vague lets just say lacking detail. Operating system, location of files (same drive as Tixati) have you tried moving the file with Tixati, was the torrent ever removed, have you confirmed under location that tixati knows the proper location? Have you tried right clicking Tixati and choosing run as admin, assuming you are using an oper sys that has that choice.
by Guest on 2014/08/01 05:59:40 AM    
I'm having the same problems.  I am running on Windows 7, 32 bit with the latest version of Tixati.
by Guest on 2015/04/28 06:09:17 AM    
okay so i had the same problem come up with mine. my problem was due to my antivirus (AVG) finding a False Positive in a torrent. i close the antivirus and right clicked on the torrent. Hit Start and it resumed from where it left off. Simples.. :)
by Guest on 2016/02/25 12:41:45 PM    
I disabled antivirus. But still the problem exists. Whenever I try to resume a download, the files status says "Unable to open file: Access is denied (5)"
What should I do now?
by ZarkBit on 2016/02/26 03:02:51 PM    
Changed yesterday to Windows 10 (from windows 7) and encountered this issue, all of the sudden had lost permission to 2 files, I'm not sure that this is an issue with Tixati.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server