Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Windows 10 - Tixati has disappeared from my computer!

by Guest on 2021/10/14 05:09:37 PM    
Just turned on my laptop and clicked on Tixati to start it when a popup said that it could not be found.
The Tixati folder is still there showing my downloads.
Never had a problem with Tixati before.
Any idea what to do to try and fix this?
by Guest on 2021/10/14 06:09:51 PM    
The icon I had on the taskbar disappeared after I restarted the laptop, as I was thinking Windows had not started properly the first time.

The Tixati folder in 'Program Files' is still there but Tixati.exe is missing.
by janet on 2021/10/15 03:58:46 AM    
Tixati has been flagged as PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) by Microsoft's Windows Defender only because Tixati is a torrent client. Other torrent clients have also been flagged as PUA by Microsoft's Windows Defender just for being torrent clients.
Because of this, sometimes Windows Defender removes Tixati.
You must allow Tixati in the Defender settings.
by Guest on 2021/10/15 05:08:18 PM    
Thanks for the reply but I need more details.

I can't get Windows to restore Tixati.

As files have been left behind including the 'download folder' should I leave those files as they are and just go ahead and reinstall Tixati again, or should I try and uninstall Tixati and start over again?
by Guest on 2021/10/15 05:50:29 PM    
When this Windows Defender (Windows Security) action occurs, the resolution is to copy the TIXATI.EXE (from one of your backups) back to the C:\Program Files\Tixati folder.  Happily, all Tixati settings, such as current downloads list and other configurations, are still present and unchanged.  After the next Windows restart, existing Tixati shortcuts on the desktop and taskbar will be operative again.

To prevent recurrence, you can add Tixati.exe to a 'whitelist' of Exclusions so that it is not flagged by Windows Defender/Security again (involves using the Group Policy Editor or other techniques), or in the Windows Security app settings, under App & Brower Control, you can disable Reputation-based Protection.
by Guest on 2021/10/15 05:58:22 PM    
In the Tixati folder there is uninstall.exe with a red cross though it.
Should I use that to uninstall Tixati?  I was thinking of using BCUninstaller instead.
Not sure what the best way is to go about this.
by Guest on 2021/10/16 04:35:01 AM    
there is NO need to uninstall tixati. you will lose your settings.
just follow the other guests response:
When this Windows Defender (Windows Security) action occurs, the resolution is to copy the TIXATI.EXE (from one of your backups) back to the C:\Program Files\Tixati folder.  Happily, all Tixati settings, such as current downloads list and other configurations, are still present and unchanged.  After the next Windows restart, existing Tixati shortcuts on the desktop and taskbar will be operative again.

To prevent recurrence, you can add Tixati.exe to a 'whitelist' of Exclusions so that it is not flagged by Windows Defender/Security again (involves using the Group Policy Editor or other techniques), or in the Windows Security app settings, under App & Brower Control, you can disable Reputation-based Protection.
by Guest on 2021/10/16 06:25:37 PM    
Someone on another forum helped me get Tixati back, before I read the above.

He recommended a similar way of doing it.

If anyone does not have a backup of Tixati then download the portable version, unzip it and change tixati_Windows64bit.exe to tixati.exe

Copy it and paste it into your Tixati folder in program files.

Double click tixati.exe and everything will be back to normal.
by Guest on 2021/10/17 02:28:29 PM    
FYI, I already had "Reputation-based protection" disabled and a few minutes ago Windows 11 flagged Tixati so disabling that option did nothing to prevent it.

I had to whitelist it.
by TrippDaniels on 2023/04/10 11:28:34 AM    
Hi there. I stumbled upon this old forum post and noticed that you were having trouble finding Tixati on your computer. Have you fixed that? If I were you, I'd first try searching for it in the search bar.
by TrippDaniels on 2023/04/13 07:40:39 AM    
Sometimes it can get misplaced, and that's usually where I find it. If that doesn't work, you could try reinstalling it. It's a pain, I know, but it might be your best bet. Additionally, have you checked your antivirus software? Sometimes it can flag programs as malicious and delete them. Anyway, you can always get one of the cheap windows 10 keys and install your software back. Anyway, hope you managed to find your Tixati. Best wishes, guys!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server