Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Request for behaviour change "File to Large" error - enhancement

by Guest on 2021/09/06 11:25:43 PM    
When the 'file to large' error appears when starting a torrent, typically I am updating a torrent that has files added monthly to a specific folder.  For example I have a folder of magazines, and each month a torrent is created which includes the current months issues, plus all the back issues.  I point the new torrent to the location of the folder, and I get the new/fixed issues.  With the error 'file to large' you have to go in and either delete the file, or flag it not to download.

What I would love to see is the option to skip/overwrite these automatically, thus streamlining the download process for this type of downloads.

Thanks
by Guest on 2023/12/07 04:23:06 PM    
Absolutely agree with this behavioural request, its a major time overhead when multiple transfers receive frequent updates. With this one exception, Tixati is first-rate.
by CivilPDX on 2024/01/04 02:05:22 AM    
probably worth nothing if anyone is daring enough to get a libtorrent based client (like qbitorrent) and tixati to operate on the same files

libtorrent has a nasty issue where it will ignore the rest of the data on files that are too large, and as a result can easily corrupt things if you aren't cautious when cross-seeding or moving files around (say, two files have different line endings, qbit and others will mangle these badly and pretend like nothings wrong, meanwhile Tixati will notice)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server