Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Could not listen for incoming connection issues

by silencer on 2021/08/30 06:13:50 AM    
Upon starting up, I always receive "Could not listen for incoming connection". I have to change the Local IPv4 connection or Interface to the correct IP. Sometimes I "Force Announce" on the particular torrent. The port is properly added in my router and in the Tixati client.

After about 5 - 15 minutes, the Tixati client finally connects properly to peers and downloads. Sometimes longer.

I have more problems with this connection error in the last 3 versions or so of Tixati. I am tempted to go back to an older version. Maybe 2.70 - 2.76 It has been going on for a little over a year.

It may not have been a good idea to install the updated versions over top of each other and start fresh.

Thanks for your time.
by notaLamer on 2021/08/30 09:11:43 PM    
I have to change the Local IPv4 connection or Interface to the correct IP.
You should not select the particular IPs but either the interface name or unique ID. On Windows you should select the GUID: '{12345678-CCCC-9805-4242-ABCDEF05FD16}'

"Could not listen for incoming connection".
After about 5 - 15 minutes, the Tixati client finally connects properly to peers and downloads. Sometimes lon
Are you sure you have a white IPv4 and technically can use port-forwarding on your router? Often the ISP is the limitation but IPv6 should work without problems (if allowed on router and firewall).
What is the approximate ratio of incoming/outgoing connections in the peers tab? If there're plenty incoming connections then it should be working fine on your end. The 5-15min delay still sounds like a tracker update delay (announce) or a problem with port forwarding (maybe your peers are at fault).

Tixati announces to trackers every ~30min so if the first connection attempt failed (and you need to change the IP settings for connectivity) then no wonder it takes a lot of time until Tixati retries tracker announcement only after the last timer expires.

Logs: Tixati main window > top-right Question mark > Diagnostics > UPNP/NAT-PMP Log. But I don't think it's useful for your case.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server