Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

partial file transfer to Tixati

by 69Rixter on 2021/08/27 08:53:12 PM    
I've used Tixati for quite some time and thought I was familiar with it. However, I've forgotten how to "load" a partial file back into the "download" UI. What I'm saying is; I've already D/led part of the torrent(84%), now I want to finish getting the rest of the torrent. I have the partially completed "file" on a pendrive. I tiked "add" but couldn't load the file. I've done this before and have forgotten how to do so correctly. TY
Rick
by Guest on 2021/08/28 08:40:56 AM    
you'll add the torrent like normal and make sure the download path is the same, from there it will tell you that the local files already exist, accept this.

once you start the transfer it will check the whole file to see what pieces are complete and what aren't. and once it's done it should resume the download.
by Guest on 2021/08/28 08:37:32 PM    
Yes, I'm trying to do what you've suggested. Problem, when I go to "add", it doesn't allow me to "transfer" the file from my pendrive into...or load into Tixati. I've tried 'cut & paste", typing file name, and hash tag info. I cannot get Tixati to accept any. I "believe" I used to just direct Tixati to to the file* and it did the rest. IDK... something I'm forgetting to do??? THANKS for replying. *By that I mean what I'd do is change the location of the "output" file location to my pendrive file, add the torrent, then Tixati would "recognize" the file and load it into it's UI. This is what I cant seem to accomplish now.
by 69Rixter on 2021/08/29 08:47:01 PM    
OK, got to "open" the file from the pendrive. Tixati said "initializing". At this point Tixati should import the "files" to the D/ling UI. It's not doing so. It's just D/ling the torrent right from the beginning. I don't need copies of the torrent, I just need Tixati to "finish the torrent" I've already, partially, D/led. Anyone know what I need to be doing to accomplish the finishing of the torrent?
by Guest on 2021/08/30 08:57:32 AM    
based on what you are experiancing, I would check that where the torrent is in Tixati and where it's on the filesystem are the same.
by 69Rixter on 2021/08/30 09:15:01 PM    
Thanx for your input. Yes, I was very diligent in selecting to same "location" file. In other words, the output from Tixati was changed to correspond with the same "name" of the file on my pendrive. Again, it's not uploading from my pendrive to Tixati and thus I just keep D/ling the same torent. I already have 84% of torrent (on pendrive). How do I get Tixati to just load the 'file" and then finish the torrent (just the other 16%). I used to do this, but for some reason, I cannot get Tixati to upload the partial torrent into it's UI and finish D/ling it???  Ain't afraid to say, I'm getting frustrated.
by Guest on 2021/09/02 05:27:45 PM    
If the part file isn't a truly sparse file or fully allocated, then it may be in a format of a partial download that belongs to a BT client other than Tixati.
Otherwise, you should get the part file to the desired location where you want it to grow completely; then, when adding the transfer to Tixati, follow these steps:
(1) Set "Move on completion" to none.
(2) If the torrent is set as a single file torrent, the transfer name is the resulting filename; if it's set as a multiple files torrent (even if it contains only one file), the transfer name is the directory name that would hold the files that the torrent "contains", as shown in the transfer creation window. Set the destination directory to the directory which contains the torrent's resulting file or directory.
(3) Verify that the transfer's name and the part file (or its containing directory if it's a multi-file torrent) match.
(4) Press "Stop" to add the transfer without letting Tixati overwrite the partially downloaded data.
(5) Forcibly recheck the torrent.
by Guest on 2021/12/09 04:17:22 PM    
Yes, I'm certain I've never done any of these steps before. In the past, all I had to do was direct the "output" to the partially downloaded file and Tixati imported it and loaded all the previously downloaded torrent bits. This is what I am trying to do now, yet nothing seems to work. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to do and how I must go about it? BTW, TIXATI is a good program that I've used for quite some time. TNX
by Guest on 2021/12/10 08:30:35 PM    
If Tixati is attempting to download the torrent again (starting from 0%), then:
- Stop (but don't remove) the torrent in the transfers window.
- Navigate to the file location on the filesystem.
- Delete the file(s).
- Copy the partially completed files from you flash drive to this location.
- In Tixati, Force Check the torrent.
by Guest on 2021/12/28 08:32:38 PM    
Yea...OK, I've have repeated/re-done everything again (and again and again ...etc) I know that what I used to do was just make sure the D/led torrent was the same file that I "directed" Tixati to "load" to. I've tried various methods you've suggested and I still can't get Tixati to "load" a partial torrent. I'll ask....have they ahm..."upgraded" Tixati recently? I cannot copy/paste the file into Tixati, I cannot write the name of the file (import) to Tixati. I'm D/ling from the exact torrent site/file. I have directed Tixati to load to that same file. It used to work????? I cannot not see what, if anything, I'm doing different than I've done before. Anyone have any idea what must be done to load a partially D/led torrent? I know there are those who tried to help,(THANK YOU) but it just isn't working and I don't get it?
by Guest on 2021/12/29 05:28:25 PM    
"Uploading from the pendrive to Tixati" isn't a thing? As far as I know. Tixati won't copy files for you.

When you "add" a torrent to Tixati (via magnet or .torrent file) it will try to create the target file structure in the location you specify. If that location already contains the partially downloaded files, Tixati will attempt to merge them.

So you have two options here:

1. When you add the torrent, set the target location to be the location on your pendrive. Tixati will recognize the partial download and complete it ON THE PENDRIVE. But it doesn't sound like that's what you want.

2. Manually copy the partial files from your pendrive to your hard drive. TIXATI WILL NOT DO THIS FOR YOU. You must do it yourself. Then add the torrent, choose the target location to match, and Tixati will recognize the partial files, and complete the download.

Some of your comment suggest you don't understand the difference between the torrent itself (which is metadata obtained from a .torrent file or magnet link) and the resulting file download. The latter is just files. Your can't show them to Tixati and expect anything to happen because Tixati has no way to know these are part of a torrent or where to get the rest of them.
by Guest on 2021/12/30 12:30:14 AM    
Thanx for replying. NO, what I'm wanting Tixati to do is what is has done previously. ALWAYS before, all I had to do was make sure Tixati's "location" (where is was putting the torrents)was the same as the file I or Tiaxti had created with the partially D/led torrent. Then, Tixati would recognize that same torrent and load it into the interface and thus, only D/l what torrents were needed to complete it. Believe me, I've done it before and have duplicated those steps, only now, it won't "load" the partially D/led torrent. I don't always have time to let it complete the torrent. so, I've saved the partial and 're-loaded" (via Tixati)it. Well, something's changed and I'll just keep playing with it and see if I can figure it out.
by Guest on 2021/12/30 05:27:05 PM    
Then I don't know what's wrong. Are the filenames matching 100%? When you load the torrent, does Tixati overwrite the partial files with new ones?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server