Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Sequential download

by Guest on 2021/07/29 12:50:39 AM    
Does the current version of TIXATI support Sequential downloads? On the Internet I saw such a picture, but I did not find this setting.

(Link to Pic removed by Mod. Please remove all file names in pictures)
by Guest on 2021/07/29 01:15:09 PM    
Yes it does and have had for a couple versions already. Beyond that the dev had listened to feedback and made it configurable but the new defaults are great. You can really fine-tune it as you want, it is now considered a preset. You'll find it somewhere deep in settings, can't remember where exactly.
by Guest on 2021/07/29 06:55:21 PM    
go to settings-transfers-files
in the middle is 'sequential download options'
click on the configure button and configure away.
now go to your files tab of your transfers window and right click a file and pick the sequential one you want.
by Guest on 2021/07/30 04:37:42 AM    
Ок, how to make all files downloaded sequential?
by Guest on 2021/08/02 06:29:14 AM    
Do NOT automatically make ALL torrents download sequentially. This is really detrimental to the network. Only for media which you want to start playing ASAP, so really only manual for most cases.

Where? All you had to do is click 'Help' to end up here https://support.tixati.com/sequential_downloading  :)
By default it will wait for 3 seeders to become sequential which is a wise choice to not kill off the very torrent you're downloading. Don't tell us we didn't warn you ;)
by Guest on 2021/08/27 12:03:09 PM    
If I want files downloaded sequentially I want them downloaded sequentially!!!

Ordered is also not working very well.

2.84 downloads then how it wasnt and not how the user wants.

Yes, I have configured the settings correctly and it USED to work as expected.

This whole dont do sequential because its detrimental is nonsense in a file that has multiple Seeds.
by Guest on 2021/08/27 01:22:40 PM    
check out this page to help with all your sequential needs:
https://support.tixati.com/sequential_downloading
by Guest on 2021/09/06 03:20:35 PM    
Ordered still not working.

File 3 starts before file 2 finishes. File  5 starts before file 4 finishes. etc...

Some versions ago it was more strict. Now, same as sequential, it is very lacking.

Again, I have already changed the settings to be strict but still not strict enough.

It is annoying as it used to work as expected.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server