Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Eliminate non-100% seeds from interface

by Guest on 2021/05/21 04:39:08 PM    
This is an interface issue. Some torrent software out there is obviously able to report itself as a "seed" when it has 0% completion. I frequently see these ghost "seeds" in my lists, and because Tixati reports this as a seed faithfully, it distorts the user's ability to see easily if a torrent can ever be completed without clicking through properties to the peer list.

From my POV, and most users who want to complete their torrents (which I'd hope is all of us) a "seed" is a peer with 100% of the data. ONLY. Full stop. I realise some users won't download all the files, and will then seed incomplete, but that's OK, just don't report them as "seeds" with a special status so that we see seeds in the lists that won't actually allow us to complete.

So this is a very simple interface request - only present and compute peers as "seeds" when they have 100% completion, NOT when they just tell Tixati that they are "seeds" regardless of the actual completion, and certainly NEVER when their completion is 0%. That's ridiculous and should be easy to fix.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server