Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

File/Link association doesn't automatically work on Linux

by Guest on 2021/05/20 08:30:05 PM    
Tixati v2.83 portable
The links associations were not checked during startup but later manually enabled in settings (button pressed multiple times too)

Whatever Tixati is doing, it must be missing a step.
As far as I can tell going by all the documentation and questions online, the tixati.desktop file exists and the MimeType inside is set correctly. However, xdg-open dsc:__link__ still wouldn't work.

xdg-settings, xdg-mime and whatnot all returned correct results. Example:
$ xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/dsc
tixati.desktop
$ xdg-open dsc:blabla
## Message box appears about unknown something
(SOLUTION) The missing piece of the puzzle:
xdg-mime default tixati.desktop x-scheme-handler/dsc
finalized the association registration. After following that, the xdg-open command began working:
manjaro@manjaro ~]$ xdg-open dsc:blabla
[manjaro@manjaro ~]$ 
(tixati_Linux64bit:36010): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:14:02.031: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(tixati_Linux64bit:36010): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:14:02.032: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(tixati_Linux64bit:36010): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:14:02.032: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(tixati_Linux64bit:36010): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:14:02.034: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(tixati_Linux64bit:36010): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:14:02.034: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

This opened the link and added the channel successfully. Also works in the web browser.
Though weirdly enough, I didn't get to see the input prompt ($ ) until I pressed ENTER. That was confusing because it looked like the launched process of Tixati was now tied to the console (OTOH nobody's really gonna open these links from console? But I still wonder if this can be fixed by sending a newline character or similar to get the prompt to show)
by notaLamer on 2023/02/12 10:45:02 PM    
v3.16 wrote:
Linux builds now use xdg-mime by default instead of gconftool-2 to setup file/protocol associations
Tested with the above instructions, fixed! Thank you KH and janet, I will spare from thanking you in every other thread <3

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server