Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Windows 10 wouldn't let me install latest version, even in admin

by Guest on 2021/05/16 11:52:11 PM    
I downloaded (twice) and tried to upgrade my version on Windows 10. It kept giving me, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

It also did this even if I right-clicked and chose "Run as administrator." I've never had a problem running other programs.

What I finally did to solve was download the portable version. Because I didn't want to start over with my settings, I renamed the 64bit version to just Tixati.exe and overwrote my current executable. That works fine.

I've also noticed that Windows 10 is now warning that Tixati is a "potentially unwanted app found." Just thought you ought to know.
by Guest on 2021/05/17 03:51:06 AM    
It's not just a warning unfortunately, you should've checked the forum for the solution.
Windows' Defender now marks nearly ALL torrent clients as 'malware' now that's obviously wrong. Someone with deep pockets must have visited Microsoft and asked for a favor.

You need to whitelist Tixati's .exe file or whatever is needed to add it to the exemption list. But this is just a band-aid solution to a greater problem: Windows 10 is controlling the user, not the other way around.
by Guest on 2021/05/17 11:11:35 AM    
I have the same problem. Portable version 2.82 on Windows 10 don't run. Only show white rectangle and stop. Generate tixati_crash_report.dat file on the Desktop.
by janet on 2021/05/17 02:57:35 PM    
Tixati has NO spyware or adware.

It has been flagged as PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) by Microsoft's Windows Defender only because Tixati is a torrent client. Other torrent clients have also been flagged as PUA by Microsoft's Windows Defender just for being torrent clients.

Here is more information:
https://torrentfreak.com/utorrent-continues-to-be-flagged-as-severe-threat-and-its-not-alone-210318/

I have the same problem. Portable version 2.82 on Windows 10 don't run. Only show white rectangle and stop. Generate tixati_crash_report.dat file on the Desktop.

Thanks for reporting this. A new version will be released very soon and will have this fixed.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server