Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

New user here with a sequential/priority question

by Guest on 2021/05/10 12:05:32 AM    
Hello!

I was looking for a alternative to a long lasted friend-uTorrent, mainly because i moved and my Internet Connection is around 10mbps. So it takes a while to download a season of my favourite TV-series to watch.
I love the sequential downloading option, so I can start watching, while the TV-series is downloading, but when I put "Ordered" prioriy option, Tixati would also download some pieces from the 2nd priority file as well as 3rd and 4th, it would not download pieces from 5th and 6th priority files, since they are the bottom of the list (6 episodes).
Well now the 1st-priority file is not downloading that fast and I cannot watch it in VLC, it is skipping.
My dream was to put all 6 episodes in VLC playlist and binge watch it (it's a good show), but how can I make Tixati priority a very strict argument, so to speak?
Right now I put the first epiosde on Ultra-High priority, while the rest stay at normal priority, but then i manually have to set the next file to ultra high priority.
by Guest on 2021/05/10 08:29:25 PM    
sadly this is a old tixati issue, need to implement a option to be obsolutely ordedered
by Guest on 2021/05/10 09:51:20 PM    
yeah, i found qbittorrent, which has the option, but GUI is so much better in Tixati, and i hadn't even start to optimize it.
by Pete on 2021/05/11 12:17:28 AM    
Most likely Tixati downloads pieces from other files because some connected peers don't have any other more interesting pieces from higher priority files. For example you can't download pieces from episode 1 from a peer who has only episode 3.
by Guest on 2021/05/14 11:00:25 PM    
There're settings to fine-tune ordered preset in the Settings although I haven't played with it.
The logic behind this new ordered preset is one of the best you can imagine for a bittorent client. It won't strictly download ordered if there are too few seeds (risk of killing the swarm through egoism) and it will still fetch some pieces randomly. Maybe it doesn't work so well with low transfer speeds and high sequentiality requirements by default...

How many seeds are there? Do they saturate your download? If yes, you should tweak, if not: you actually risk degrading the swarm (most seeders will go after their set ratios, leaving leechers without rare pieces from the end)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server