Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Same download stuck at 70% twice in a row!

by Guest on 2014/05/01 11:33:11 PM    
Hello everyone,

I have just started using the Tixati software and on the whole, find it to be very good. However, I have been trying to download the same file for over ten days, but it's always slows to a crawl when it gets to 70% completed (Down to bytes in speed) Why is this? It is quite a big file (Around 4GB in size) I've even deleted the download and then restarted it!

Also, what settings should I be using with this software? Here's my broadband speeds:

http://i.imgur.com/TQNmjqu.jpg

Many thanks in advance :)
by Guest on 2014/05/02 10:40:32 PM    
Sounds like the file you're trying to download simply isn't seeded to 100%. ARE there any seeders in that torrent's peer list with 100% ? If no one with 100% is around to give it to you, you obviously can't get it. Or maybe the number of people with the total 100% is fewer, and they have slower connections than the rest of the people in the swarm. If you're sure it's seeded 100%, you'll just have to be patient and wait for it to complete.

With that kind of connection speeds, there isn't much you need to do with a torrent client in terms of configuration, short of adjusting your queuing options to suit your personal preferences, and making sure your torrenting ports are properly forwarded.

Quick guide to Tixati optimizing and port forwarding:
http://www.tixati.com/optimize/
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/03 01:54:23 AM    
I would imagine it is a seeding issue. Not enough pieces of the last 30%. I would have to look at the torrent to know. Not sure if you are allowed to post the hash to a file here but if you did I would look and give you the answer. You might want to check with the Mods if that is allowed before you do it though.
by Bugmagnet on 2014/05/04 05:17:55 AM    
It might be an attempt to poison the swarm also. Look that up on wikipedia. various companies use aggressive techniques to assert their claim to certain material and prevent propagation.

I had a torrent recently that showed a seed available, but after a month was never able to complete the torrent. When I looked at the details, I saw the seed was reporting only 26% complete. Somehow, that client faked being a seed, which AFAIK has to have 100% as that is what a 'seed' is right? Some hanky panky going on with that torrent, that 'user'. I just deleted it all and forgot about it.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server