Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Number of Peers

by Raging_Flames on 2021/04/08 10:37:27 PM    
How do I find and increase the number of peers Tix connects to. There are several torrents I have seeding right now, where my site says there are several dozen or even hundred people ho are leaching, but I'm not connected to most or even any of them. Similar story with seeders, my private tracker will say that there are 30 seeders, but tixati is only connected to 15 or so. I am fairly certain that the website is accurate as I have had a friend confirm this.

Off topic question, but why does Tixati find it necessary to use 1 GB of RAM??? No other torrent client has this problem (As far as I am aware).
by Guest on 2021/04/09 03:15:46 AM    
Check out settings--network--connections for peer connections.

1GB of ram is not very much. mine uses 4.6GB (i have many channels connected and those channels have many files/magnetlink shares)

do you have many channels connected?
do those channels have many shares?
these two thing (mostly the share count i think) could take up a lot of ram.
by Raging_Flames on 2021/04/09 03:40:22 AM    
Are you referring to the "Peer Connect/login timeouts" Setting? I don't have a setting called "Peer connections"

Also over 4GB of RAM? That's completely insane, I heard people talking in one of the channels about this. They seemed suggested that shares may be being kept in RAM, why? I'm not the dev (Obviously) but wouldn't it be better to cache that stuff to disk since it rarely changes and the user doesn't request that information very often? Anyway, that's off topic I understand, but if anyone has an answer to that, along with a follow up to the peer connections thing I would appreciate it.
by notaLamer on 2021/04/13 09:11:47 AM    
How do I find and increase the number of peers Tix connects to.
Take a look in the Settings > Network > Connections.
It does not mean you will connect to all of the peers, they will have their own limits.

Off topic question, but why does Tixati find it necessary to use 1 GB of RAM??? No other torrent client has this problem (As far as I am aware).
First of all: the channels feature. The shares take up a lot of RAM! Practically you don't need to join more than 2-4 channels because most users' shares are duplicated in multiple channels. To permanently clear the memory: Channels > Remove channel (you can gather it for the list, but don't join it again), then restart Tixati.

I heard people talking in one of the channels about this. They seemed suggested that shares may be being kept in RAM, why? I'm not the dev (Obviously) but wouldn't it be better to cache that stuff to disk since it rarely changes and the user doesn't request that information very often?
I think the way channels work they must keep the information in RAM. At least the online channels, theoretically offline channels shouldn't require their data to be loaded (except for search).

Last but not least Tixati needs more memory the more shares (files) are loaded. Someone told me this is being worked at to be offloaded to disk.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server