Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Coder?

by forum1 on 2021/04/03 03:16:01 PM    
Your local compiler inject virus.
Do not warry about that. It is a virus. Who care? Apart of that you are not security kind of staff people. You are some coder? Am I right?  

https://ibin.co/5xANkzeknlO9.png
by janet on 2021/04/03 11:11:10 PM    
Tixati has NO spyware or adware.

It has been flagged as PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) by Microsoft's Windows Defender only because Tixati is a torrent client. Other torrent clients have also been flagged as PUA by Microsoft's Windows Defender just for being torrent clients.

Here is more information:
https://torrentfreak.com/utorrent-continues-to-be-flagged-as-severe-threat-and-its-not-alone-210318/

You must choose the 'Allow on device' option to allow Tixati.
by Guest on 2021/04/04 01:06:37 AM    
Forum1, just stop to use Tixati, anyone force you to use it, replace your bittorrent client, the bad news is you cant use utorrent or qbittorrent because both is also PUA for Windows Defender. This clients also have injected virus? I suggest you replace you antivirus for one better or use the whitelist.
by Guest on 2021/04/04 02:39:57 PM    
Hello Forum1,

The Copyright brigade FORCE Microsoft to log Torrent clients as Unwanted Software. Very sad but predictable Orwellian 1984 times we live in. Corporate companies are just extreme bullies.

Please look carefully at the Microsoft alert to see it only says "Potentially" Unwanted Software.  Microsoft do not actually define it is a 'virus'

What a shame Microsoft Defender completely fails to detect the worlds top threats like banking trojans and botnets which bring great misery to peoples everyday lives.

I installed Tixati 2.81 on WIN10-PRO-N a few days ago. (Formatted and reinstalled my machine) and I didn't get this PUA 32 alert. However I downloaded Win 64 Bit Tixati (if this is significant?)

Since seeing this post, I've added my Tixati folder to Win Defender Exceptions List" as I don't want it removed irrationally by Defender.

Hope you enjoy using Tixati because I love it...

UTorrent comes with lots of inbuilt adware these days and Tixati doesn't so you can make an informed choice?

Good luck whatever you choose!
by notaLamer on 2021/04/04 07:52:05 PM    
Do not warry about that. It is a virus. Who care? Apart of that you are not security kind of staff people. You are some coder? Am I right?
Dear forum1, lets assume the same tone but directed towards Microsoft who incorrectly flagged many Bittorrent clients as Potentially Unwanted Apps.

Following this logic, Microsoft employs security people to work on Windows Defender. They ought to be competent right? If so then why did Windows Defender decided to block Bittorrent clients overnight? All of them?

Here are a couple possible scenarios:
1) Weirdly all Bittorrent clients contain malware (overnight? and nobody noticed for 15 years?)
2) All Bittorrent clients conspired to include malware and Windows Defender team was the first to find out
3) Microsoft took big money from a certain industry and ordered to flag all Bittorrent clients as malware using Windows Defender
4) Microsoft actually cares about you.. nah or else they would kindly notify and ask the user.

I recommend you to use a better operating system than Windows. One that's actually secure (neither Windows nor Windows Defender are secure and UAC/Defender are easily bypassed by real malware authors) and one that gives the user the total freedom.

Or you decide to believe Microsoft is somehow more competent than they are and instead blame independent and truly competent software authors like Tixati for something they didn't do.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server