Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Cannot Install Tixati Due to Trojan\Detplock

by Guest on 2021/03/25 05:39:42 AM    
Windows no longer allows tixati.exe as it detects Trojan\Detplock. I guess Tixati is no longer a trusted option? The installer has been compromised?
by janet on 2021/03/26 12:53:42 AM    
If you download Tixati from the Tixati website it is 100% without viruses or trojans. The installer has not been compromised.
by radische on 2021/03/27 12:20:57 AM    
Microsoft's Anti-Virus application is now recognizing Tixati as a PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) and will delete Tixati from your computer unless you go into the anti-virus exclusions and exclude it from the Anti-Virus scan. Again, the AV programmers wish to treat us a children that cannot be trusted to decide what we want and what we do not want.
by Guest on 2021/03/27 08:37:17 PM    
The PUA is completely different. The current download is detected as Trojan\Detplock. That's not MS detecting the app as potentially unwanted. That's a signature match to a known Trojan.
by janet on 2021/03/28 04:58:47 AM    
As I said before:
If you download Tixati from the Tixati website it is 100% without viruses or trojans. The installer has not been compromised.
by ZarkBit on 2021/03/28 12:18:03 PM    
Janet, how about a pinned post explaining that MS has listed not only Tix, but also other torrent clients, just to clarify that this is something MS is doing with no reason whatsoever, I know that most people do not read pinned posts, but some people still read them, even if it's only the title.
by janet on 2021/03/28 09:31:28 PM    
Tixati has NO spyware or adware.

It has been flagged as PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) by Microsoft's Windows Defender only because Tixati is a torrent client. Other torrent clients have also been flagged as PUA by Microsoft's Windows Defender just for being torrent clients.

Here is more information:
https://torrentfreak.com/utorrent-continues-to-be-flagged-as-severe-threat-and-its-not-alone-210318/
by Guest on 2021/03/29 09:36:18 PM    
What is it that you guys are missing here? This has nothing to do with previous reports of Microsoft's PUA warning. This is Windows Defender, Norton, and BitDefender have all detected the tixati.exe I downloaded directly from tixati.com as Trojan\Detplock based on a signature match. I've reproduced this on a brand new install of Windows 10. Tixati literally cannot be installed. The second the installer finishes Defender deletes the file. No option to manually allow. I tried disabling Defender and tested with Norton Security and BitDefender and got the same results.
by Guest on 2021/03/30 09:13:07 AM    
try using the portable version.

https://www.tixati.com/download/portable.html
by Guest on 2021/04/24 03:17:05 PM    
I got the same thing

Detected: Trojan32/Detplock
A threat or app was removed from this device.

Date: 2021-04-24 8:07PM
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected items:
file: C:\Program Files\tixati\tixati.exe

I tried the portable version, but could not unzip it

Error 0x800700E1: Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.
by Guest on 2021/04/24 07:17:48 PM    
this is all on microsoft and defender. there are no viruses in tixati.
microsoft is just being jerky with torrent clients.
you must allow tixati in the defender settings. then defender should leave it alone.
by BorgQueen on 2021/04/26 10:53:37 PM    
What a joker  This is not Detplock!  

If you got infected it spreads onto youre whole rig.

also Detplock its super old, none will use it anymore almost any Software Protection in 2021 kills it.
by Guest on 2021/05/03 05:37:43 AM    
I have the exact same issue. I don't know why all of you are attacking the OP. It's not a PUA issue, and he clearly states that it is not just MS defender declaring it as a trojan...
by Guest on 2021/05/04 02:57:30 PM    
I agree that people were not responding helpfully to the OP. Let's break this down logically with known facts.

1. OP claims multiple anti-virus programs are flagging the Tixati file he's downloaded as being infected with some specific trojan.

2. No one else is experiencing this problem save for one other guest poster.

3. If the Tixati installation file available for download from their servers were compromised, everyone with an anti-virus program would be experiencing this same issue.

So, what can we deduce? First, it's possible the OP is a liar and is posting this for some ulterior motive. Alternatively, it's possible he's been subjected to some sort of man in the middle attack that has rendered his copy infected. The third possibility, that he has some random test update for Microsoft Defender, which is not being distributed to everyone, that flags Tixati as a virus, is ruled out by his previous statement that he's had the same result from multiple AV programs.

So, OP, I'd suggest trying to download and install Tixati on another connection with another computer, which also has Microsoft Defender, and seeing what happens.

-Frithfolk

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server