Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Ratio announce sooo ...slowly

by Nili on 2014/04/30 03:17:07 PM    
Here is another confirmation for the ratio announce sooo ...slowly

I have made Upload for a file, on Tixati transfer window shown as 35.8GB UL, while on Private tracker my status says 33.39GB UL.

Now to reach and make the same both tixati and private tracker 35.8GB/35.8GB i must do
>trackers right click >announce... what happened?

33.39GB is made 33.40GB
and continues so every 2/5min if i do announce manually

33.41GB
33.42GB
33.43GB
33.44GB
33.45GB
33.46GB
33.47GB
33.48GB
33.49GB
33.50GB

every 2min to 5min changes only a single or double number, to achieve the same stats for both Tixati and Private tracker seems impossible.

This is Tixati problem or bug not the tracker, because i'am using uT since long time and if i manually update or announce to tracker uT the difference is about 3 numbers like 35.8GB come 37.8GB or 38.8GB manually

I think that 2GB is missing to be defined as a point to be added in my ratio from a private tracker status.
This bug i'll bring to attention once again even on this thread.

Presumably If i am with the slower ADSL2+ line at home I have impossible to balance my upload stats of tixati with that of private tracker.

Conclusion: In a private tracker to me there is a bug announcing very slowly. Wish you'll fix in the next version.
Regards,
Nili
by Pete on 2014/05/02 12:33:26 PM    
Check carefully what unit prefixes your Tixati uses to display bytes in. By default Tixati uses decimal prefixes, and I'm 99% sure the private site displays bytes with binary prefixes. This may be the reason why this discrepancy occurs, or to be more specific, there is no discrepancy, just Tixati and the site use different "units".

Go to: Settings > User Interface > Output Formatting, set Largest Unit for Bytes to: Gi . Additionally, to avoid confusion, disable "Omit 'i' from Ki/Mi/Gi/Ti unit labels". Then check uploaded value for the torrent.

For example:
35.8GB UL in Tixati may be displayed in decimal G (1000^3), while
33.4GB UL on the private site is surely in binary G(i) (1024^3), so:
35.8 * 1000^3 = 35 800 000 000 bytes,
33.4 * 1024^3 = 35 862 976 922 bytes,
it's very close or even the same due to rounding.

uTorrent displays bytes with binary prefixes.

For details see this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefixes
by Nili on 2014/05/03 09:18:41 AM    
Hi!

For coincidence already have set Output Formatting to Gi as i seed DVD9 and they're all over 4.37GB and i'd have interest to appear like this format.

Regarding "Omit 'i' from Ki/Mi/Gi/Ti unit labels",

I disabled it now, still not noticed anything, the total upload on the tracker is 33GB while on Tixati is 37GB.
I will do other test with other torrents to see if there is a change.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion.
Nili
by Pete on 2014/05/03 11:40:51 AM    
Ah, sorry then, I only guessed. Those numbers fit quite well to the explanation. "Omit 'i' from Ki/Mi/Gi/Ti unit labels" is only cosmetic change, values will be the same. When turned off, Tixati displays 'i' for binary units (GiB instead of GB).
by Nili on 2014/05/03 03:24:14 PM    
I appreciate your intervention Pete, It is true those cosmetics changes are really handly to me, I asked a question a year ago about how I had to do such a thing (changing Bytes, Mi to >GB and i was instructed.

That second part of making Turn OFF "Omit 'i' from Ki/Mi/Gi/Ti unit labels" was new to me, so thanks a lot for tellin that feature.

Meanwhile when I have made some other evidence and tests i will come out here to post other feedback.

Thanks,
Nili
by Nili on 2014/05/28 08:09:38 PM    
After some observations carried out by me, noticed that 1G not reported to tracker.
I have uploaded 12.5G so the Tixati transfers says 12.5G while on Tracker snatches says 11.4G something like this. In every file i've done Seed, 1GB always absent.

And as I said ^above, announce is very very slow. I have faster connection DL 20MB/UL 20MB and with this concern has not happened before with uTorrent. For me as a seeder, this issue is a lot important, i think should properly systematized.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server