Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[Bug, Request] When checking a file in a torrent, Tixati only fi

by Guest on 2021/03/11 08:06:00 AM    
Say I have a torrent that has a file called "video.mkv". I have the torrent loaded and the file is 50% downloaded. The "Incomplete File Name" setting is off. If I turn it on, to say "$file.tix", Tixati will continue to download and check "video.mkv". If I rename "video.mkv" to "video.mkv.tix" and force check, Tixati will *never* find that file, once it has found "video.mkv". You have to remove and re-add the torrent (annoying to recheck, if the torrent has 200 files on a remote drive!). The same problem happens in reverse, if you have "Incomplete File Name" on, and Tixati finds, "video.mkv.tix" first, it will never find "video.mkv", even if the file is 100% downloaded! It will never realize it's complete, until it sees "video.mkv.tix" and renames it itself. Note that even with "Incomplete File Name" on, Tixati will download to "video.mkv" if that's the first file it saw after you added the torrent, even if it's incomplete.

It would be GREAT if Tixati looked for either file, it would make management of incomplete downloads so much better. I have a lot of torrents where I only download a new file out of that torrent every once in a while, and I'd like to start moving them over to use incomplete file names so they don't get picked up by my custom scripts that re-encode videos until they are 100% downloaded. It is super annoying to rename everything and have to remove and re-add the torrent and force check everything in order to get Tixati to see what's downloaded or not.
by Guest on 2021/03/11 08:30:27 AM    
Further note: with "Incomplete File Name" on, Tixati seems to only checks the base file name when adding the torrent *if the file is selected to download*. Un-selected files will find the incomplete file name though on their own.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server