Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Need Api

by dk2142 on 2021/02/13 07:55:40 PM    
I need help. I need a remote program management system - API.
by notaLamer on 2021/02/15 12:27:34 PM    
You can work around this by using the Web interface of Tixati. If you really need an advanced API I think Tixati is not the right choice.
by dk2142 on 2021/02/20 04:15:32 PM    
I'm one of seeders who seeding big number of unpopular content on some trackers. Your client seems convenient for seeding 1000+ torrents. But I don't see any HTTP API or anything like that to control it remotely (listing/starting/stopping/adding torrents and so on).
by Guest on 2021/02/23 03:16:35 PM    
Firefox plugin Torrent Control can solve your problem?
by Guest on 2021/02/23 09:23:15 PM    
Hi there!

I already wrote about this earlier.

With such advanced functionality and convenience, tixati absolutely cannot do two things: run as server mode without a gui, and command processing of the database via the CLI is impossible.

I can't even do a trivial thing - move torrents on a given path to another location. And other group action. We have to dodge in the GUI, where there is no such function using strange methods.

For example: There is a folder /Horror containing subdirectories:
/Horror/poe
/Horror/hpl
/Horror/vamp
And there are various torrents sorted into these directories. Do you think you already know what it is about?

To move whole /Horror directory to a new location wich subdirectories, you have to  some routine:

manually create new directories /Horror/poe in new location,
individually move subdirectories /poe from old to new location
find them "offline" in Tixati, select all and specify their new location, megre,
then start, possibly with a "force check".

And so with EVERY subdirectories /hpl /vamp and more others... WITH EVERY! Manual thankless labor.

And if you had tixati CLI, I would just change the path of all hands in ONE LINE! For instance:

tixati --torrents all --changepath /from/dir /to/dir

Where
--torrents all is an object selection for the operation
--changepath - change all paths according to the given patterns.

And every time when I have a need to change paths, I feel pain that I cannot direct comamnd to the database, that there are no tools. Developers! Do this, or simply open the database format, and we ourselves will write the toolkit for our needs.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server