Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

How to send maximum upload speed to all peers? I want to seed wi

by seederman on 2020/12/04 05:32:40 PM    
How to send maximum upload speed to all peers? I want to seed with high speed(outgoing).

Please help, thanks.
by Guest on 2020/12/05 11:07:57 PM    
Use the upload/download throttle controls in the bandwidth view.

If you experiment while many transfers are running, you can find what your max capacity is for both.  Then set your throttles to about 85% of that, and everything should go along very smooth.
by Pete on 2020/12/07 09:08:58 PM    
Follow instructions on the "Optimize" help page, especially the Step 2: Make sure you can receive incoming connections.
by seederman on 2020/12/08 06:44:51 PM    
Thanks for the help guys.
by Guest on 2020/12/09 03:13:34 PM    
I would suggest you to try some of these: Other than putting ~85% of your Upload bandwidth Limit (graphics, limit outgoing KB/s)
-Per torrent select properties (second click bottom), options tab, then peers (bottom), and check Upload Maximization to ensure all peers stay unchoked.
-Per torrent select properties (second click bottom), options tab, then seeding (third row), check Super Seeding and second box of Constant Seeding.
-You could also try Settings, Network, Connections, Advanced Socket Options, Edit (among others):
                udp_sndbuf_def = 1048576
                upc_sndwnd_maxpkts = 16384        
                upc_sndwnd_maxpkts_mtu_percent = 500  

Always check results, If it worked for you, you can report back.
Cheers.
by Pete on 2020/12/16 11:42:26 PM    
-Per torrent select properties (second click bottom), options tab, then peers (bottom), and check Upload Maximization to ensure all peers stay unchoked.
-Per torrent select properties (second click bottom), options tab, then seeding (third row), check Super Seeding and second box of Constant Seeding.
-You could also try Settings, Network, Connections, Advanced Socket Options, Edit (among others):
                udp_sndbuf_def = 1048576
                upc_sndwnd_maxpkts = 16384        
                upc_sndwnd_maxpkts_mtu_percent = 500
I wouldn't do that.
1. Upload Maximization does one thing only - it unchokes all connected peers. This means it allows them all to send requests for data. Although this may help a bit to upload a little more, it is inefficient way to do this. You'll waste some extra bandwidth for protocol data and with many peer connections this will add up.
2. Super Seeding should be used only for initial seeding a torrent - this is when you put a torrent for public and you are the original and only seed. Other that that it's better to use standard seeding method. Super seeding goal is actually opposite to seeding as much as you can - it is a function meant for efficient seeding. The goal of super seeding is to make other seeds while sending as little data as possible - ideally that means sending only one complete copy before other seeds appear (this however is not likely to occur).
3. As a rule I don't touch settings that I don't understand. It is a good practice. The defaults are there for a reason, setting maximum values rarely helps. There is a clear warring displayed when entering Advanced Socket Options:
Expert Users Only
Please do not change any of the following settings unless you are very certain you understand them. Even small changes can greatly reduce your transfer speeds.

Of course this is my personal point of view. I meant no offense for anyone.
by seederman on 2020/12/20 08:06:39 PM    
Thanks for the help <3

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server